Commercial Finance Analyst - Strategy, Modeling, Bids, Business Cases & Corporate Finance
Remote with travel to London and Hertfordshire in medium term
£50000-£63000 + 10-15% bonus, depending on experience
High growth technology business is looking for a Commercial Finance Analyst with strong business partnering skill to work on a range of high level, forward-looking, strategic initiatives. This will be a high-profile role requiring the ability to really challenge senior stakeholders on their financials to facilitate forward planning. You will undertake varied work across a range of areas including; building or assessing business cases, bid-modeling, investment appraisal and some corporate finance (fundraising activity).More about the role:
- Business partnering; working with a range of stakeholders to understand business drivers to facilitate accurate long-range planning. Challenging the numbers, from senior non-finance stakeholders, to ensure the assumptions made in long-range models are reflective.
- Business cases; building and analyzing business cases to assess suitability, challenging assumptions.
- Bid modeling; working on a range of bid processes to ensure the business enter into strong commercial partnerships that are profitable.
- Working closely with inhouse Corporate Finance to support deals and debt and equity fundraising, from a modeling point of view.
- Long-range planning and financial modeling;
- Own various areas of the long-range model and take responsibility for tweaks, updates and regular reporting.
- Taking ownership for whole cost centre (IE sales or marketing) and really getting to grips with what is going to drive spend in both short and long time periods.
- Business case and investment appraisal modeling, acting as key internal advisor prior to decision making.
- Building models and running complex and long range scenarios, to inform decision making.
- Assist in the development of the groups financial planning and modeling.
- Financially literate with a strong academic background.
- Demonstrable skill in business partnering and challenging numbers and assumptions.
- ACA, CIMA, ACCA or CFA qualified.
- Ideally experience within a high growth, scaling business, where you don't have the luxury of last years numbers to inform long range planning.
- Clearly demonstrable experience in financial modeling, business cases and investment appraisal.
- Familiarity with concepts such as IRR, NPV, Cashflow forecasting.
- Able to work at pace within a high growth setting.
- Strong communicator, both verbally and in terms of written output, able to work at all levels.
- Ambitious, eager to learn and progress.
Excellent long term career prospects and fantastic work culture.
Offices based in London. Expected combination of home and visits to London and other UK office locations, as required for meetings, with a largely home working set up.
Kinetech is acting as a recruiter in relation to this vacancy. See our website for more information on how we handle your data.