Our client, a London based Company who have been a long standing fixture of the Southern African Mining Industry, now with multiple different infrastructure assets across both Africa and London are looking for a Finance Director (based in London) following some very exciting M&A activity and diversification into new areas.
The group hold investments within telecoms, infrastructure and Oil and Gas, across multiple jurisdictions. THE ROLE
Responsible for managing all finance and accounting operations, this role is not just going to involve accounting and given the operational growth will be vital in all financial areas and will be a very Senior member of the team, reporting directly to the CFO.
BACKGROUND AND THE EXPERIENCE YOU WILL BRING
- Administrative management of the office in London
- Preparation of Monthly accounts, board packs
- Developing financial strategy, including risk minimisation plans and opportunity forecasting
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- High-level financial reporting and analysis
- Regular budget consolidation
- Cash flow management
- Support Group Management Accountant with Improving efficiencies and reducing costs across the business
- Preparing company tax
- Ensuring compliance with statutory law and financial regulations
- Developing financial reviews and providing investment advice
- Payroll processing
- Working closely with management or executive teams to share reports and analysis findings
- Well-developed leadership skills
- Experienced Controller, ideally 7+ years of post qualification experience, with experience in a similar position
- ACA or equivalent qualification
- Comfortable with travel and experience travelling to Africa
- Experience with IFRS reporting, consolidations
- Ability to work quickly and accurately
Extremely attractive depending on experience, plus bonus and company incentive plans.