LOCATION: EDINBURGH OR LONDON
We are ADARMA, one of the largest independent security services companies in the UK. As a business formed and run by former senior security leaders, we know our stuff. Which is why our clients include 30% of FTSE 100 organisations from all industry sectors.
Due to our current growth, we are excited to be adding a Senior Software Engineer (Java) to our Professional Services practice. This role will include working on different client assignments and project work. The daily role can vary widely depending on the project but can include owning a particular application or working on several at one time. You will support our customers against threats by independently determining, developing and enhancing software by designing, developing and deploying technology-based solutions, under limited supervision.Knowledge and skills requirements:
Typical role responsibilities:
- Spring Framework DI/IOC
- Spring Security
- Testing Frameworks
- Java RESTful Web Service frameworks
- Knowledge of at least three development frameworks
- Within a designated area of expertise, provide customers with support to develop and enhance their applications capabilities. This will include: Creating and developing Forms; Building Front-End applications; Perform unit & integration testing
- Liaising with the customer on a regular basis to keep them informed on developments
- Be a subject matter expert by identifying technology trends and platforms (including web and mobile apps) and collaborate with other team members to make recommendations based on the company's needs
- Populate design and development plan, delivering highly complex code, and as needed participating/mentoring throughout coding of others, continue to be active participant throughout testing, and implementation within the agile environment
- Participate in an Agile Scrum team process, collaborating closely with subject matter experts, fellow developers and test engineers
- Address customer demand, plan and conduct market research to identify efficient and cost-effective features to incorporate into the design of a service solution or application.
- Carry out design work by translating ideas / concepts into a detailed specification which sets out requirements to address the customer problem or need.
- Lead the discovery and evaluation of new technologies to maximise development efficiency and performance.
Our staff benefit from a range of excellent benefits and reward plans, including but not limited to:
- Membership to a group personal pension plan, discretionary bonus payments, private health care, life insurance of four times salary, membership to a health and well-being cash back scheme, gym membership discounts
- Adarma is committed to encouraging a positive working culture by focusing on personal development through training and providing various opportunities for employees to share their ideas and influence the direction of the business.