Job Title: Software Asset Manager - 3 month contractRate: up to £495 per day (4 days a week) OR up to £391 per day (5 days a week)Location: Houghton Regis, BedfordshireJob Purpose:
Outsource UK are looking to recruit a Software Asset Manager for our leading technology client who operates in the Medical Devices sector. The Software Asset Manager controls and protects the organization's IT Software assets (i.e., Applications, tools, Operating Systems) throughout their life cycle, from acquisition through final disposition. In addition, the role develops, and implements the organization's Software asset management strategy, manages software entitlement ensuring all inventories and changes are made robustly and in compliance with the licensing terms and policies at all times.Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage IT Software asset portfolio with respect to risk, cost control, governance, compliance, and performance objectives.
- Develop and maintain company policies and processes related to Software & Licensing.
- Plan and implement IT Software asset life cycle strategy; advise Procurement and IT Operations in procurement strategies for IT Software acquisition.
- Serve as IT Software asset management subject matter expert.
- Optimize usage and cost of IT Software & License deployments.
- Manage acquisition, deployment, utilization, tracking, security, and final disposition of IT
- Assist with the development and reporting of KPIs in relation to the Software in use within the business
- A degree or equivalent is preferred, as is 2+ years experience in IT Software asset management. Experience in project management and IT procurement are a must, as is experience with asset management tools (e.g., SNOW, SCCM etc).
- Desirable professional certification related to Software Asset Management (e.g., IAITAM, CSAM or equivalent, Microsoft MCP), plus ITIL V3 foundation minimum.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated (personal initiative). Solid project management skills and experience are needed; certification in project management (e.g., PMP) will be helpful.
For more information, please contact Liam Fahey on 0161 694 9207 or email firstname.lastname@example.org