Primary Health Properties (PHP) is the largest dedicated healthcare REIT in the UK and also a FTSE 250 company. PHP is a specialist investor in modern purpose-built primary healthcare assets (i.e. GP Surgeries / Medical Centres) located across the UK and Ireland. The REIT has 510 properties under management, valued at £2.5bn, with an annual rent roll of £131 million. The business is keen to expand its development function.
Development Manager (2 - 5 years PQE)
- The Role
Development Manager working in the Development team and reporting to the Head of Development facilitating further growth of the Development function across the UK. This is a key appointment as an additional hire to facilitate growth of the PHP's development business which is a key contribution to our medium term target of reaching gross assets of £3bn under management. As the company continues to grow, the opportunity provides for plenty of progress and career development within the business for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate all round skills in executing development projects in primary care. Projects range from lot sizes of £3m upwards and each requires the management of key stakeholders and external and internal professional teams, accurate and timely reporting and financial management.
2. Key Responsibilities
PHP enjoys a fast moving environment where everyone plays an important role, however key responsibilities for this specific requirement include:-
- Progressing existing projects through the NHS approvals process and on to legal close and construction
- Financial management of projects including budgets, cashflows and investment performance
- Preparation and delivery of internal and external Board papers
3. Key skills and aptitudes:
- MRICS with 2 - 5 years PQE
- Excellent people skills
- The ability to manage multiple stakeholders with differing agendas
- A self-starter with tenacity and drive
- Commercial assessment of opportunity at every stage of the development process
- Detailed and accurate reporting
The post holder will report to the Head of Development and will be supported in the role. Previous experience in commercial development and investment is desirable. Experience in primary care estate is not essential.
Please apply by emailing PHPrecruitment@phpgroup.co.uk with a copy of your CV and covering letter.