- A 104 - year-old firm that is JUST GETTING STARTED. Senior Project Analyst (Pensions Technician) - GMP Equalisation Delivery Location - Permanent Remote (home based) or regional Buck office - Bristol, Manchester, Edinburgh...
At Buck, we're focused on helping our clients create a culture of well-being, centered around the evolution of each person's health, wealth, and career.
We embrace inventive thinkers, who make original contributions to the team. We put people first
- our people and our clients' people, and our inclusive and welcoming culture celebrates diversity and individuality.
Explore your next career move with Buck today! Senior Project Analyst (Pensions Technician) - GMPE Projects delivery The role:
We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Project Analyst (Pensions Technician)
to join our Pensions Outsourcing Practice.
This opportunity will offer excellent flexible working option - with the opportunity to be permanently home based (remote) or from any of our regional offices in Bristol, Manchester, Edinburgh, Ipswich, Derby or Birmingham.
As the Senior Project Analyst (Pensions Technician), you will be working within our GMP equalisation solution delivery team, supporting the delivery of key client projects.
This is a technical role where you will be responsible for providing support and mentoring to junior colleagues; we are seeking a technical specialist who is keen to take their career in pensions operations to the next level.
To be successful in this role, you will have strong Excel skills but also proven project-based experience with excellent problem-solving skills.
You will work across a variety of scheme events and GMP projects and must have the ability to analyse & check pensions data, produce data reports and calculations in bulk using Excel. Key duties and responsibilities:
Required experience and qualifications:
- Work with the Pensions Technicians and National Projects team to deliver requirements for Scheme Events and GMP Equalisation projects within KPIs (time scales, deliverables, quality, and sign off) and guide the planning process;
- Liaise with clients, gathering information on Pension positions and scheme administration;
- Ensure accuracy and quality of Scheme Events and other related Projects;
- Review the work of Pensions Data Technicians and provide feedback and technical support;
- Provide project updates and time scales to the GMP Equalisation leads;
- Monitor and maintain incoming workflow and controls around scheme tasks as required;
- Regularly review the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and controls and make suggestions to continually enhance service delivery, improve processes and reduce potential complaints and business risks;
- Running and specifying data extracts from the administration system including bespoke reports as necessary;
- Support and assist the management team where required in all aspects of service delivery and business support for example, ad hoc projects, auditing, etc;
- Keep up to date with the latest technical and legislative changes and ensure these are embedded within the team.
What we offer: As an established company with a start-up mentality we know that our employees are key to our success. We offer a comprehensive remuneration package while taking into consideration aspects such a flexible working and factors key to a good work life balance.
- Strong knowledge of DB pensions schemes, along with working knowledge of other occupational pension schemes - DC, CARE, Hybrid;
- Ideally PMI qualified or willing to study towards relevant qualifications;
- Proven pensions project work - scheme events, data migration, re-calculations, analysis, etc;
- Advanced excel skills (formulas, VLOOKUP, pivot tables, ability to manipulate data in bulk, data reports etc);
- Experience carrying out complex manual pension's calculations;
- Ability to break down and explain complex information into simple terms;
- The ability to quality checks the work of peers and subordinates;
- Ability to prioritise workloads with conflicting importance, keeping to deadlines, agreed service levels and disclosure requirements;
- I.T literate - in the use of Office Systems, e.g. Microsoft Office for word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentations.
- Good understanding of various codes of professional ethics and standards as promulgated by the PMI.
- Highly competitive salary;
- Minimum 25 days Annual leave (excluding Bank holidays);
- Holiday trading - (10 days - buy option) or (5 days - sell option);
- Private Medical cover including partner / spouse and children;
- Health-checks / Screening;
- Excellent Defined Contribution pension provisions;
- Comprehensive Life Assurance coverage;
- Vision Plan;
- Company bonus scheme;
- Interest free season ticket loan;
- Gym subsidy;
- Child-care Vouchers;
- Additional flexible benefits Scheme to support you and your family in and out of work encompassing; Health & Wellbeing, Protection and Lifestyle covering; additional Life assurance, Travel insurance, Dental insurance, Medical Cash plan, Critical Illness cover plus many more.
At Buck, we pride ourselves in our Diversity and Inclusion and are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable UK law.
We are exclusively focused on helping our clients and their people succeed together. By this, we mean we're partnering with some of the world's most forward-thinking companies to re-envision and re-design the way that employees work and live. And we're doing this by finding the right combination of consulting, outsourcing, and technology solutions to help our clients realise the best organisational performance for their businesses while driving positive health, wealth, and career outcomes for their people.