- Global Media Giant
- Circa £70-75,000 + bonus & superb benefits
- Newly Created Role
Stellar opportunity to join this multiple-award winning media heavyweight that is recognised across the globe as an employer of choice and modern success story in the media industry.
Due to growth they have created a new role for a Senior Group FM to join the central finance team and manage the external reporting process for various global subsidiaries reviewing the actuals for multiple regions and then consolidation up to their HQ. Key Accountabilities:
- Preparation of group consolidated external financial statements (IFRS).
- Leading month/quarter/annual reporting to meet reporting requirements.
- Advising the group finance team on complex accounting issues.
- Take the lead on the implementation of group accounting policies.
- Design of the necessary associated models and financial system structure to enable the efficient and effective production of the group results.
- Production of quarterly financial reporting pack and commentary, analysis on the group external financial reporting for senior financial management.
- Development and maintenance of KPIs for financial reporting.
- Advising on technical accounting matters within the group.
- Ensuring adherence to the accounting policy and IAS requirements and disclosures.
- Management of policy book regarding any changes of policy - including those resulting from new accounting standards.
- Liaising with external auditors on the review/audit of the group financial statements.
- Ad-hoc project work as directed by the Group FD.
- ACA Qualified Accountant (ideally Big 4) with significant PQE experience either still within audit or commerce.
- Experience in financial reporting requirements, specifically IFRS (or equivalent) and interpretation of new standards.
- Some exposure to listed businesses preferred.
- Expertise to manage and coach junior team members and provide support to colleagues at all levels including training where necessary.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in written form. In addition, must be able to explain/present results in a clear, accurate and concise form.
- Strong planning and organisational skills, with the ability to manage own workload in a pressurised environment and work to tight deadlines.
- Experience in using innovative technical solutions to drive efficiencies and solve problems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strong relationships with colleagues from various regions within the group.
- Excellent analytical skills and experience building excel spreadsheets (or equivalent) up to advanced level.
Excellent career prospects and exposure across the business.