Knight R&D graduate scheme - Research and Development (R&D) Incentives associate consultant
The company is looking to employ graduates with a degree in science, engineering or software. The successful candidates will be joining a team of positive and driven R&D incentive specialists with diverse backgrounds in science, engineering, software and tax.
Knight R&D Ltd (Knight) was founded in 2016 and has shown remarkable growth through "word of mouth" as a result of our client focussed approach to R&D incentive services. Knight R&D's service is in assisting its clients undertaking industrial, commercial and applied R&D projects to access their full entitlement to the Government sponsored R&D incentive regimes including the R&D credit and tax relief for SMEs, the R&D Expenditure Credit (RDEC) for large companies and the R&D Allowance (RDA).
The role provides you with an opportunity to explore and write reports about evolving and applied technologies across a wide range of industries, with the overlaid challenge of ensuring that the reports are robust and satisfy the appropriate Legislation, Guidelines and the expectations of HMRC. At the same time you will have an opportunity to meet with large, small and medium sized companies very early in your employment, giving you first-hand experience of operations across many industries.
Knight values the development of employees and pays particular attention to their continual training and growth. We have a flexible approach to accommodating each individual's personal needs in the workplace. Senior team members will actively train and mentor new employees. The role will build your skills in professional services associated with project management, formal and informal communication, people management, knowledge transfer, report writing and cost analysis. Duties include:
Required qualifications and skills:
- Attend client R&D incentive meetings taking coherent and relevant notes.
- Identify and analyse R&D projects, activities and expenditure in assessing a range of industries and fields, ensuring R&D claims align with the requirements of the relevant tax Legislation.
- Write technical project descriptions and claim reports to present in a suitable format for HMRC.
- Prepare R&D claim cost calculations and associated summaries of the method of assessment.
- Liaise with internal and external finance and technical teams to ensure incentive claims are delivered accurately and on time.
- Where enquiries are opened by HMRC, contribute to achieving a resolution.
- Continuously develop own technical and financial knowledge & skills.
Salary and benefits:
- Degree in science, engineering, computer science/software or related.
- Highly motivated and proven record of working independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and independently.
- Comfortable with excel.
Knight offers competitive remuneration packages in-line with or in excess of the industry standard for graduates in this field, generous bonuses for excellent performers and a pension scheme. We also offer £2,000 in relevant training per annum.Offices:
Clerkenwell, London, EC1V 4UA & Warrington, Cheshire, WA1 1DG.