Engineering Manager (Platform) - Build a New Team Platform Team for an Amazing SaaS Scale-UpUp to £95,000 per annum plus equityFully Remote Engineering Manager (Platform)
- We are working with an amazing SaaS scale-up on a mission to improve people's lives by offering exceptional collaboration services. As they continue to grow, they are looking for an Engineering Manager to build, nurture and empower a world-class Platform engineering team. You will recruit a brand new team, creating a healthy team environment where engineers can do their best work, grow in their careers and have a measurable impact on the business (the product teams, the product, and the customers). As Engineering Manager, you will lead your team in furthering the scalability, resilience, reliability, security and global availability of their product whilst enabling engineers across the company to ship high-quality software multiple times a day.
They are a company that has a genuine passion for building great products that improve people's lives while offering a collaborative, exciting and caring place to work. The role is fully remote and always will be if that works for you; however, they will probably be opening a London office in the mid-term if you'd prefer a mix of home and office working.The Tech Stack Includes:
Reporting into the Director of Engineering, you will work closely with the rest of the leadership and the platform team to develop the technical strategy required to support their long term product strategy. This will include:
What makes you an Engineering Manager?
- Ensure the uptime and reliability of the platform while always improving engineering efficiency (no bugs, time to deploy, code quality).
- Setting ambitious goals for the Platform team that directly impact company OKRs.
- Line manage 8-12 Engineers across the Platform teams building strong relationships through 1:1 coaching, goal setting and 360 degree feedback.
- Help develop the hiring strategy for the Platform team while contributing to a diverse engineering culture.
They are looking for an Engineering Manager with experience as a line manager of Engineers and Tech Leads with a technical background in some relevant areas - like Cloud Infrastructure, SRE, DevOps or Developer Effectiveness (CI/CD).
- You need to be comfortable managing 8-12 engineers across a couple of squads/teams.
- You will be technical with strong experience in a Platform or Back-end Engineering team.
- An excellent understanding of how to build high performance in Platform teams.
- You care deeply about building healthy, autonomous teams with clear objectives.
- Get satisfaction from achieving things through others - coaching and helping them grow.
- Are an authentic, empathetic relationship-builder with loads of ambition!
This is an awesome opportunity for an Engineering Manager to join an amazing SaaS scale-up offering fully remote working. Please send your CV or call Simon Evans for a chat to find out more.Engineering Manager (Platform) - Build a New Team Platform Team for an Amazing SaaS Scale-UpUp to £95,000 per annum plus equityFully Remote