Policy Expert is leading the way in building a customer centric end to end platform that not only delivers a world class customer experience but also utilises some the latest tools in web development. At the heart of this is our talent Tech teams who are working hard to make sure we can build the best possible platform!How we've built our platform:
How we've built the UI:
- The engineering team have recently rebuilt our insurance platform into an event-driven microservices architecture, heavily influenced by Domain-Driven Design.
- The platform is fully cloud-native and hosted in AWS, and our developers own all levels of our stacks, including the infrastructure.
- It uses consumer-driven contracts to set the expectations of how our microservices communicate.
- Our team develops and maintains the UI layer. We have a lot of autonomy to choose the approach that works the best for our team.
- We use RxJS and functional reactive programming throughout.
- It's comprehensively-tested. We write unit tests, browser-based integration tests, and microservice consumer contract tests.
You won't find suits here, we run a relaxed, fun, open and honest environment, with trust and professionalism a must. We also understand the value of work / life balance, and all our team members enjoy flexible working hours and working from home.Requirements
- Know good software and functional programming principles and approaches like Clean Code and TDD;
- Experience working with Modern JS, TypeScript, React, RxJS, Node, Mocha, Express, Enzyme
- Have a proven track record of success in delivering software;
- Be able to articulate project requirements into working software with a high level of quality, flexibility, and robustness;
- Demonstrate experience in all areas of the software development lifecycle, including those associated with the Cloud computer era;
- Support the growth of others, including mentoring junior developers, helping everyone improve their abilities;
- Highlight areas of improvement within the team and the codebase, and act on them proactively.
- Fruit, breakfast, and drinks provided
- Social events through the year
- Private medical cover with Vitality
- Travel season ticket loan
- The best equipment
- Access to selected London O2 events and use of a Private Lounge.