Job Title: QA Engineer
Company: Gollgi Ltd.
Location: Paddington, London, UK
Duration: Permanent role
Hours per week: 45
Salary: £40,000 p.a.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented Quality Assurance Engineer to join the senior team of a growing, innovative start-up, where you'll be working alongside one of the co-founders and the software development team. Gollgi is a B2B e-commerce web & mobile application that focuses on simplifying procurement processes and decisions for a wide range of industries.
We're looking for a candidate that will be heading the testing, maintenance, quality assurance and overall health check of the entire back-end of the web & mobile applications. You will be building the support infrastructure that monitors the web application, build the suitable tests and green-light the deployment of new versions of the website and mobile apps.
· Support, maintain and build testing applications that can automatically detect and report bugs & anomalies of APIs, web & mobile applications or other software built by the team or that out systems depend on.
· Develop and implement testing suite, management tool and environment to match Agile team expectations.
· Design and execute smoke tests and integration tests.
· Regression and validation with CI/CD and smoke validation.
· Design and execute automated tests.
· Validate software delivered by development team.
· Understand the product feature in development, road-map, launch plans to prepare test strategies.
· Proactively test owned areas, entering defects which fail system or component criteria. This will include taking on features which are more challenging leading to higher risk.
· Drive the test plan review process throughout the team. Sets up meetings between peers and development. Ensures that test plans are signed off before release.
· Represents QA in planning, weekly meetings, daily scrums and other team practices.
· Review stream/ branch merges and tests around conflicts. Has the technical skill to perform comparison checks against large data sets to pull out changes.
· Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or similar disciplines
· 4+ years prior experience in QA testing.
· Mandatory experience with: Unit testing, Smoke testing, Integration testing, Manual testing, Automation testing, API testing, Health checks, Regression testing.
· Strong experience in these technologies: Java, Selenium, PHP, PHP Phalcon, Nodejs, PostgresSQL, Jenkins, Bitbucket/Atlassian, AWS, Apache.
· Ensures a positive, professional and collaborative team environment is maintained.
· Solve complex problems in effective, efficient and resourceful ways. Ability to break problems down, for example, can construct system flow charts that explain how components fit together.
· Goal driven attitude to reach KPIs.
· A confident, positive and engaging attitude, not afraid to contribute ideas.
· Self-motivated, who can work under their own initiative.
· Eligible to work in the UK.