It's fun to work at a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
The Principal Cloud Engineer role reports to the Manager of Cloud Engineering (CE) and provides engineering services and second-level technical operations support for cloud platforms and applications.
The Principal Cloud Engineer is the most senior technical role and key member of the Cloud Services Engineering team who is primarily responsible for implementation and management of solutions in the domain of all infrastructure, applications, technologies, processes and information related to cloud technology.
This role requires demonstrable expertise in both AWS and Microsoft Azure platforms, ability to provide key contributions to effective design and architecture, and engineer appropriate solutions across all cloud platforms.
· Understand business technology objectives in enterprise cloud adoption framework to drive to organization's targeted business outcomes
· Design, implement and manage cloud solutions for multiple enterprise-scale workloads and applications
· Provide second-level operational support and support maintenance procedures for multiple enterprise-scale workloads and applications
· Document process and technical solutions
· Provide supervisory administration over effective management of resolution of issues and requests for key clients
· 10+ years of experience in enterprise IT, Network Administration, Windows/Linux Server Administration, Information Security
· 5+ years of experience in implementing, managing and supporting enterprise-scale cloud technologies
· 4+ years of experience in AWS
· 4+ years of experience in Azure
Skills & Abilities
· Excellent analytical-thinking, critical-reasoning, and problem-solving skills as applied to complex business-technology subject areas
· Exposure to complex processing environments
· Business requirements gathering / documentation
· Cloud solutions end-to-end architecture
· IaC / Deployment automation
· Cloud Formation and ARM templates
· Azure DevOps / Git
· Powershell DSC
· AWS Security Hub and Azure Security Center
· Azure Monitor
· Windows Server administration
· Linux Server administration
· Network administration
· Information Security administration
· Windows desktop / applications
· Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
Licenses & Certification
· AWS certifications a plus
· Azure certifications a plus
· Network certifications a plus
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
It is Epiq's policy to comply with all applicable equal employment opportunity laws by making all employment decisions without unlawful regard or consideration of any individual's race, religion, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, transgender status, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, veteran or family status or any other basis protected by applicable national, federal, state, provincial or local law. Epiq's policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on any of these impermissible bases, as well as any bases or grounds protected by applicable law in each jurisdiction. In addition Epiq will take affirmative action for minorities, women, covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Epiq is pleased to provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. Pursuant to relevant law, where applicable, Epiq will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.