Prima is an Italian tech company that has been disrupting the car insurance industry since its launch in 2015. We now boast over 1 million active clients and achieved a €100M investment from Goldman Sachs and Blackstone in 2018, the largest in Italian tech history. Prima is launching in the UK this year, which is why we are looking for top talents to join our London-based team.
Our vision is to become the UK's best car insurance provider, using our best-in-class technology and pricing excellence to disrupt the market. We're looking for a Technical Underwriting Manager who will bring deep expertise on underwriting criteria, fraud, TCF and regulation and will help us deliver good customer and commercial outcomes.
You'll be responsible for:
• Reviewing our technical policy wording and other product documentation
• Defining processes for underwriting, regulatory compliance and TCF through working closely with the Head of Pricing, the Head of Customer Services, the Head of Compliance and the Operations Manager
• Designing the UW fraud detection system
• Keeping the business up-to-date with emerging regulatory and market trends
• Liaising with our regulatory Principal and insurance partners to review customer and commercial outcomes and agree on product and process improvements
• Managing relationships with industry bodies
What we're looking for
• Deep expertise in motor insurance (5+ years experience)
• A "can-do" attitude, comfortable working in an early-stage businesses
• Awareness of regulatory environment
We know that innovation thrives on product teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems in ways that are just now possible. As such, we explicitly seek people that bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences. Please be prepared to share with us how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our teams.
· Competitive salary
· Benefits that suit you
· Office in central London with plenty of fresh fruit and healthy snacks and a fully stocked drinks fridge
· Passionate and friendly team
· An opportunity for getting operational experience in a start-up where both your work and the results are highly tangible and matters to the business
· Hands on training and mentoring
Prima UK is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by English laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Prima UK makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.