The Ability Matters Group (AMG) is a market leading international healthcare products and services provider, operating primarily in areas that enhance mobility and accessibility including orthotics, prosthetics and wheelchairs. We have in excess of 60 sites across the UK and Ireland, as well as operations in France, The Netherlands and Sweden; employing approximately 700+ staff.
We are seeking a motivated individual to join our busy and driven Marketing team. This is a hands-on operational position and part of a small but growing marketing team. You will be involved in all aspects of marketing, from producing new content for digital and print, to overseeing marketing schedules to liaising with external partners, and organising events.
This role will provide exposure to all aspects of the marketing mix and is a great first step to developing a marketing career with an international medical devices business that is experiencing rapid growth.Key responsibilities:
Qualifications and experience
- Creates content for digital and print materials including internal and customer newsletters.
- Manages the marketing request tracker ensuring all requests are acknowledged, logged, and allocated to relevant members of the team.
- Liaises with external suppliers (briefing projects, obtaining quotations, raising purchase orders), and maintains the master spend tracker.
- Maintains the annual marketing activity calendar ensuring it is kept up to date and reflective of the latest new product launch timings and campaign priorities.
- Manages website uploads and updates.
- Research market trends and key words to support the SEO project.
- Help to assess results of key marketing activities e.g., SEO and newsletter open and click through rates.
- Proof reads copy for print and digital marketing materials.
- Manages our social media presence (primarily YouTube and LinkedIn).
- Provides assistance with promotional event planning.
- Assists with producing design content.
- Manages the despatch of marketing and promotional materials to various sites across UK and Europe.
- Ensures customer enquiries are forwarded to the relevant internal contacts for follow up.
- Ideally 1-2 years practical marketing experience.
- Ideally has a degree in marketing/business or a related subject and/or a CIM qualification.
- Strong copy writing skills (written and verbal communication)
- Good understanding of social media, particularly LinkedIn.
- Ability to be able to multitask across a variety of tasks at once, working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Experience with WordPress (Desirable but not essential).
- Experience with Adobe packages (Desirable but not essential).
- Team player.
- Ability to prioritise, plan and organise efficiently and work with multiple conflicting priorities.
- Positive and proactive 'can-do' attitude and someone who likes to get things done.
- Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships internally and externally.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Good level of written English.
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills with the ability to project manage.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, flexible organisation
- Self-motivated and uses initiative.
- Attitude of continuous improvement.
- Highly literate & numerate.
- Good working knowledge of IT systems.
- Remains calm under pressure.
- Flexible working style.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Analytical skills to identify trends and challenges.
- Understands all key marketing channels.
We are currently working from home due to the coronavirus pandemic, however the role will be based at our Head Office in Abingdon (Oxfordshire). Given the geographically dispersed operations of the Group some travel may be required from time to time.