Data Workstream LeadTemporary, Full Time£600 - £700 per day LimitedLocation: Chelmsford Please note that this position will initially, in line with current government guidance be based from home, with an expectation of being home based for the foreseeable future. However, if / when government guidelines change the role may then revert to being office based, whilst retaining some flexible working options.
This role will work within the Social Care Case Management Programme which aims to transform the way we work with adults, children, and their families to improve their outcomes. The programme will ensure:
- Our teams feel enabled and confident to do their jobs, supported by a reliable, efficient and user-friendly Social Care platform
- We meet the needs of our partners, care providers, adults, children and their families through effective information sharing and digital personalisation
- Our practitioners have more time to empower adults, children and their families to live independent, safe and meaningful lives because case file recording and reading is optimal
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Responsible for leading the data transformation workstream, ensuring alignment with other workstreams within the Social Care Platform Programme and corporate and underpinning strategies
- Responsible for developing strategies and options for the transformation of data within Adult and Children's social Care; responsibility includes associated planning and delivery of the approved strategies through to realisation
- Responsible for understanding how people want to use data as an asset to drive improved decision making, service delivery, improved outcomes and experience for service users, informing requirements for a new social care platform during its migration
- Responsible for cultural change strategies to improve the quality and use of data within Adult and Children's social Care to ensure its owned and well understood by all
- Responsible for the management and recruitment of staff within the workstream
- Responsible for the design of the enterprise data management framework aligned with enterprise strategy and business architecture, translating business requirements into technology requirements
- Responsible for providing a standard common business vocabulary, expressing strategic requirements and outlining high level integrated designs to meet these requirements
- Responsible for translating business requirements into technical specifications, including data streams, data storage, integrations, transformations for migration and standardisation of data
- Responsible for defining the data architecture framework, standards and principles, including metadata, security, reference data such as product codes and client categories, and master data such as clients, vendors, materials, and employees
- Responsible for defining reference architecture, which is a pattern that others can follow to create and improve data systems
- Leading a set of activities that improve the quality of data held within the platform, and design processes to ensure data is captured with high levels of integrity
- Responsible for defining data flows, i.e., which parts of the organisation generate data, which require data to function, how data flows are managed, and how data changes in transition
- Responsible for collaborating and coordinating with multiple departments, stakeholders, partners, and external vendors
- Proactive facilitation of join up across data, digital and technology professions where additional guidance and expertise may be available
- Identification of unstructured data sources and how these relate to the overall programme, and work with other workstreams to develop options and solutions for their removal from process or equally bring these into the scope of any future migration strategy
- Consider how statistically the condition of the data estate could look like in terms of key metrics, and data quality
- Educated to degree level or equivalent by experience
- Experience of leading on data transformation of technology services and data migration projects, ideally in a social care data field
- Clear understanding of operational viability within large and complex IT operations, either in the Public Sector or in the Private Sector with demonstrable understanding of the Public Sector environment
Please note that Essex County Council has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please email email@example.com or call us on 0333 013 5888. Lines are open Monday to Friday 08:30 - 16.30.