We are recruiting on behalf of a boutique Asset Manager specialising in consumer investing.
The firm provides significant support to management teams in developing and delivering their growth plans and has an active programme to measure performance of their portfolio companies on an ongoing basis. The portfolio is performing well and the success appointee will join a lean, entrepreneurial team.
Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Liaising with portfolio company finance teams and deal executives on a monthly basis to collect monthly management accounts and KPI data
- Providing financial analysis and support to ad hoc value enhancement projects
- Reviewing and analysing the content of the quarterly portfolio reports of each investee company, prepared by the deal team
- Reviewing and analysing the content of investee companies' following-year budgets and any amendments to investment plans
- Assisting in fundraising data collation and validation
- Preparing quarterly investment valuations as part of fund reporting
- Monitoring debt levels, loan notes and accrued interest calculations
- Assisting the marketing team to prepare investor reports
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of fund models
Skills and Experience:
- The successful candidate will be Big 4 or equivalent trained with an ACA or CIMA accounting qualification. 1 - 2 years post-qualified experience in providing Transaction Services due diligence or Valuations support is also required.
- Strong stakeholder management and inter-personal skills as they will deal with the investment team and managing partners, as well as portfolio CFOs and FCs;
- Creative and commercial thinking;
- Strong MS Excel and MS PowerPoint skills; financial modelling an advantage but not essential.
You must have the right to work in the UK for this role and Tier 2 sponsorship is unavailable.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Holly Cousin: firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference HC51425.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.