Company DescriptionAbout Octopus
At Octopus we're transforming the industries we operate in and improving the lives of millions of people. We've built market-leading positions in a number of specialist sectors, including smaller company financing, renewable energy, healthcare and property finance. We employ in excess of 750 people and manage more than £8.3 billion on behalf of more than 50,000 investors. Our products don't just help real people solve real life problems, they also make a positive impact on the world around us.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Real Estate Octopus Investments, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. And we're always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values.About The Role
Octopus Real Estate is undergoing a Digital Transformation, becoming increasingly data driven through adopting innovative technology, to further enhance its award-winning leading services across the real estate sector. Ahead of us lies a period of process re-engineering, process optimisation, technology adoption and technology change. We need great thinkers, innovators and agents of change to help us transform the business and the market place.Job Description
Working as part of the Digital Transformation team you will be ideally placed to help design the future operational model for the business, define and build the KPIs that will be used to measure and drive performance improvements and support delivery of both business and technology change.
Your experience of working in agile and waterfall delivery approaches will enhance the impact you have on the business and on your output of high quality, well defined and testable requirements.Type of projects
- Analysis, re-engineering / redesign and crucially the implementation and embedding of optimised business processes across both the property lending and healthcare teams
- Business analysis and project management of technology change projects effecting our core line of business technology platforms
- Collaborating with our group IT and Data Teams, create the perfect environment whereby the nimble and fleet-footed responsiveness of newer technologies can be adopted into a regulated and controlled environment
- Working with the operations teams, identify and bring in new technologies into the business, integrating them with our current technology stack enhancing our end customer's experience
- Identifying and eradicating manual tasks and process duplication through automation and usability enhancements
- Move external data points into our core systems either through systems integration or process re-engineering, ensure a single source of data for our operators and reporting teams
- Experienced in managing multiple in-flight projects and prioritising between them effectively
- Naturally inquisitive with an ability to elicit business and detailed requirements across multiple functions, in a complex and fast-changing environment
- Ability to create Target Operating Models
- Ability to document and validate requirements including AS IS and TO BE processes, and ensure documentation is robust enough to enable development and testing estimation
- Ability to take a risk-based approach to analysis - using experience to prioritise areas that are most important, while compromising where appropriate
- Strong data literacy - comfortable with data models, analysing complex data systems for trends and defining reporting requirements
- A broad understanding of a financial services lending business is desirable.
- Ability to navigate, manage and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders including senior management, driving consensus and decisions
- Significant hands-on project delivery experience, both IT and non-IT preferable, including practical understanding of non-functional considerations, defect and release management
- Experience working with software vendors and third parties; experience with RFPs and contract negotiation/generation/review is preferred
QualificationsNot Essential But Experience In The Following Is Great
Our Values and DNAAnd While These Are The Principles That Guide Us As An Organisation, Our DNA Goes Even Further, By Revealing Our Inner Strengths
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold.
What We Offer
- We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company's vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
- We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
- We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
- We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and were always learning, adapting and improving.
- We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.