Digital Consultant: Digital strategy and architectureWho We Are
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60 cities across 29 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. The firm has more than 5,000 professionals around the world who work with clients to optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies [NYSE: MMC]. For more information, visit www.oliverwyman.com. Follow Oliver Wyman on Twitter @OliverWyman.
Oliver Wyman Digital is a dedicated practice within Oliver Wyman, we deliver world-class products that give our clients a competitive edge and our mission is to leave a positive impact on the world. We have mixed agency skills with our consulting roots in order that we can best answer some of the largest companies' toughest questions. Our global dynamic team deliver at the highest levels across many specialist skill sets including Design, Data Science & Analytics, Project Delivery and Engineering. We're committed to growth that provides our people the most exciting and fulfilling opportunities and we are looking for more people to join us.The Role And Responsibilities
No two Oliver Wyman projects are the same : You'll be working with hugely varied and diverse teams to deliver unique and unprecedented products across industries. You'll have an opportunity to grow the business through becoming a trusted technology advisor to our clients by solving their business problems. Operating within high-performing, collaborative teams consisting of industry experts, consultants, change-makers, creative designers, technologists and engineers, you will be engaged on rich and varied projects ranging from niche technology proof of concepts to large scale System Integrations. Bridging the gap between OW Consultants and our Digital practice you will be owning the technical project from conception through to delivery
Examples of your project responsibilities will include:
We would love to see some of the following
- Having a clear business vision on technology strategies
- Provide technology leadership and solutions to clients and colleagues
- Grow transformational products, platforms and spot new business opportunities
- Advise and deliver software selection process appropriate for the client - combining bespoke and commercial software solutions
OUR VALUES & CULTURE
- Minimum of 7 - 10 years of relevant digital experience, ideally with a top-tier strategy consulting or technology firms
- Experience of leading digital delivery projects at scale
- Knowledge within aspects of digital technology such as tech innovation and strategy, mobile, API design and architecture
- Strong background in strategic problem solving with demonstrable analytical skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in both formal and informal settings
- Willingness to travel although flexibility offered if you need it
- Know how to take the initiative, seeking out opportunities to learn new skills and put the ones you've already got to good use.
- Are not just intelligent, but creative too: ready to come up with novel ideas to solve our clients' biggest problems.
- Have an aptitude for analytical work, like sniffing out clues in massive data sets or hunting down the key issues in a hugely complex challenge.
- A willingness to work fluidly and respectfully with our incredibly talented team
We're serious about making OW a rewarding, progressive, enjoyable and balanced place to work.Self starters and free thinkers who work well in a team
We are individuals who are self-starting, motivated, energetic, entrepreneurial about what we doCommon aspiration, collective endeavor, shared success
We have the common aspiration to have an impact, leave a legacy and change the world. We have no interest in running a steady-state business. We want to build, grow and shape the environment around usStraightforward, open, respectful interaction
We value an environment where every member of Oliver Wyman is encouraged and expected to voice his or her opinionOpportunity without artificial barriers
We value merit and believe that to create a true meritocracy we need to remove artificial barriers to opportunityBalanced lives
We value people whose lives balance work and non-work activities because we believe they are both more interesting colleagues and are able to make better contributions to the Firm. We push ourselves hard to deliver excellence, but we also work to extract the maximum benefit from the flexibility of a project-based business. We provide the ability to take career breaks for personal or family reasons. We fundamentally value each other's time, and are sensitive to how it is used. We are an output not input-based culture, have respect for people's personal decisions, and believe that one's workload must be sustainable. We seek balance for ourselves and our colleagues.