What do senior test people look for in a new role?
I mean, you've worked in numerous development/test environments, haven't you?
It must be hard to find something truly unique and challenging?
Well, now's your chance to be the face of the test function for a design and development agency building best-in-class mobile, web and cloud solutions.
You'll manage a four-person test team, deciding their test strategy and work on a variety of enterprise-level projects for this triple-gold Microsoft Partner.
You'll get access to clients that other agencies don't because their cloud and mobile solutions are so unique in the market.
Clients like Heathrow Airport, P&O Ferries and Confused.com, for whom they build business-critical mobile apps.
Or Gridserve, whom they helped build the UK's first electric forecourt.
Or Nottingham University, where they shaped their Azure integration strategy.
You'll enjoy a learning and development culture and have the chance to do the Azure DevOps certification, with plenty of time to study.
They have a remote-first mentality, and after COVID, you could expect to work at the office a few times a month, but it's flexible, and you have the option of more if you like.REQUIRED SKILLSET
As well as experienced test managers, the role is open to senior testers who have mentored and have the following skills/traits:
- Good experience in both automation and manual testing.
- High standards and a need to deliver a quality testing solution.
- A natural curiosity for innovation, tools, techniques and ways of working.
- A humble but ambitious nature.
- You'd love solving complex problems with the collaboration of others.
They welcome any mix of the following, but if you are missing something, don't be put off as it's a less hands-on role anyway.
SALARY / BENEFITS
- Azure / Azure DevOps - Mainly boards and test plan modules, but bonus points for any repos and pipelines experience.
- Azure Portal - Exposure to cloud infrastructure would be beneficial
- Mobile - Android and iOS development tools and simulators / Charles Proxy
- Test Automation - Selenium WebDriver / SpecFlow
- Languages - C# / Java
- API - Postman or something similar
- Non-Functional - Exposure to tools like Apache JMeter or some form of performance/load testing suites.
HOW TO APPLY
- £45,000-£52,000 depending on the person.
- Top of the range MacBook pro.
- Free kindle with unlimited books.
- A personalised training and development plan.
- The chance to attend industry conferences.
- Paid certifications and learning time.
- Flexible working.
- Twenty-five days + public holidays.
If you think this sounds like what you're looking for, either apply here or search for Simon Monaghan on LinkedIn, where you'll find my contact details at the top of my profile page.
Don't worry too much if your CV is not up to date. We can deal with that later if needed.