Mechanical Engineer, Magnox Winfrith
Magnox is an exciting place to be, and this role is the perfect opportunity for you to be part of our challenging mission - to safely and successfully manage the UK's civil nuclear legacy on behalf of the nation. To deliver our commitment, we need people like you who want to perform at an industry leading standard and be part of a team that continues to develop, innovate and even exceed our greatest achievements.
At Magnox, we understand, and acknowledge the value of an inclusive working environment, and celebrate the diversity this brings to our workplace. Without this approach, we wouldn't be in the position that we are now, being able to safeguard and secure the future of our organisation.
Hear from the Hiring Manager...
"We are looking for a capable and enthusiastic mechanical engineer to join and support our project teams to decommission major nuclear facilities at our Winfrith site in Dorset. This includes experimental nuclear reactors and key site infrastructure such as the Winfrith sea pipeline."
The purpose of this role is to provide professional mechanical engineering support, with some CAD capability, to Reactor and Site Decommissioning Projects at Winfrith. Main responsibilities include:
· To support the development of technical strategies, approaches and methodologies to deliver Decommissioning Projects. This includes providing mechanical engineering support and advice, and managing technical interfaces between and within project areas.
· To act as the technical lead to manage and oversee specific areas of design, manufacture, procurement, installation, testing and commissioning of plant and equipment in support of Decommissioning Projects.
· Provide CAD support to projects including managing, preparing and reviewing CAD layouts, drawings and 3D models; and to manage CAD support provided by others.
· To provide general mechanical engineering advice and support to other Decommissioning Projects and/or other Magnox Projects.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Appropriate qualification in Mechanical Engineering, preferably a recognised engineering degree (NQF level 6), but at least at HND level (NQF level 5); preferably with membership of a relevant Engineering Institution and Chartered Status.
· Significant experience in a practising Mechanical Engineering role on nuclear and/or conventional industrial plant in a highly regulated environment.
· Detailed understanding of relevant Company and/or national engineering standards and relevant regulations, e.g. CDM.
· Good engineering working knowledge preferably including Safety Rules, risk assessment methodology, Nuclear Site Licence conditions, and Quality Management System requirements.
Salary & Benefits:
· Competitive salary with access to performance linked pay progression
· 25 days annual leave
· Participation in Company Bonus Scheme
· Up to 13.5% employer pension contribution depending on individual contribution amount
· Access to training and development through the company performance management arrangements, supporting you in maintaining your personal Continuous Professional Development
Please be aware this role holder requires Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance, or the ability to obtain said clearance
We value the unique differences that each of our colleagues bring to work every day and are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included and able to perform at their best.
At Magnox we are committed to creating a workplace that is diverse and inclusive, and we therefore particularly welcome applications from women, BAME, LGBT+ and disabled candidates.
We are happy to talk flexible working where possible.