We are a global wealth and asset manager based in London. We create bespoke investment solutions designed to preserve and enhance our clients wealth.
We opened our doors in October 1986, just five weeks after the deregulation of the London financial markets - known as "Big Bang". The Big Bang separated the relationship between adviser and market maker, creating competition among advisers. In the following months, we pioneered a new type of investment service, which was not focused on selling investment products but negotiating the dual responsibilities of managing our clients' affairs, as well as financial markets.
Over the next 30 years we have kept and nurtured this pioneering and entrepreneurial spirit, working in partnership with our clients, many of whom have been with us since our inception in 1986. They entrust us to manage more than $3.8 billion* of discretionary assets on their behalf and we're growing all the time, as investors from all over the world recognise the value of our collaborative approach.Values & Behaviours
As an employee of London & Capital you are expected at all times to embrace and demonstrate our core values of Integrity, Partnership, Excellence and Family. These are consistent with all employees' regulatory obligations to: act with integrity; act with due skill, care and diligence; be open and co-operative with the regulators; pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly; and observe proper standards of market conduct.The Role
The role of the Junior Developer sits within our highly valued technology team, they will work closely with and assist the Lead Developer in supporting Operations Managers, Front Office and their teams in further developing and maintaining the London & Capital database and reporting environments in accordance with business needs. They will also work alongside business analysts within all areas of the business to develop automation and workflow opportunities This role will be suited to a technology professional who is keen to gain broad experience and knowledge in a dynamic Finance environment. We will offer the successful candidate an opportunity and space to learn in a fast moving and high performing team, the potential to influence the direction of London & Capital's future technology strategy and exposure to multiple teams within a successful wealth management business.
It is important you are available to join us immediately and bring the following experience, T-SQL SQL Server, MS SSIS, SSRS, automated deployment of reports, VBA, report development experience, C# in SSRS context, MS SharePoint, Flow, other PowerApps, Dev Ops experience and version control. Your covering letter should reflect this.Responsibilities
- Work with the senior developer to assist with the support of the firms trading and accounting systems through MS SQL server, troubleshooting errors and implementing fixes in a controlled, process-oriented framework.
- Work with operations teams to create and maintain in and outbound 3rd party (ETL) data feeds using SSIS.
- Maintain and develop new process workflows with MS Flow and MS Power Apps within a SharePoint environment.
- Support the generation of new and existing client reporting.
- Support the team in all phases of the software development lifecycle including analysis, design, development, testing and support.
- Build and maintain user guides and documentation.
- Secure code and systems with appropriate permission structures.
- Planning code development and testing (Plan, Write, Test, Deploy, Maintain for applications and platforms).
- Relevant degree in Computer science or Engineering.
- Database and development experience.
- Solid understanding of writing efficient T-SQL, querying SQL servers and stored procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of ETL processes and tools, SRRS, SSIS, VBA, Visual Studio, web services.
- API development
- RPA tools such as win-automation, HTML.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Power Apps, MS Flow and Sharepoint. This is an area of investment for London & Capital, and the candidate will work to develop this further across the business.
- Experience with Advent products is advantageous.
- Managing code in a repository (version control).
- Be able to deliver quality work under pressure within both 'business as usual' and project situations
- Flexible problem-solving approach to technology challenges
- Self-driven motivation to learn and develop new skills
- Sensitivity and understanding of data protection and loss prevention
- Diligent and disciplined in IT change management processes
- Ability to work with non-technical stakeholders