Our client's Northern Audit practice is a powerhouse of UK regional offices including Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle
, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Belfast
. Together they service clients of all sizes, in a diverse range of sectors, delivering high quality External Audits and Audit related services. Understanding clients needs and the risks they face is at the heart of what they do and is key to performing high quality audits.
Their Audit practice is growing rapidly and they have a number of opportunities for passionate people who are keen on shaping the future of Audit. A career with them will ensure you have exposure to an unparalleled breadth of client exposure, the very best technology and fantastic opportunities for career development.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. You will:
You will need to:
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact client
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Be a Chartered Accountant / ACA / ACCA/ICAS qualified (or international equivalent)
- Or have equivalent work experience in Audit (you're an international candidate who technically qualifies in your home country by experience)
- Have experience of management of the audit from planning to supervision and review of the process
- Have flexibility in your approach to meeting goals as part of the team
- Have the ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships
- Take a proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
- You will have experience of interacting with senior level clients and management to develop and maintain business relationships
- Experience of IFRS, UK GAAP (including FRS 101/102) and international standards on auditing would be required