Total is active in more than 130 countries, our 100,000 employees are committed to better energy that is safer, more affordable, cleaner and accessible to many people as possible.
We operate along the entire energy value chain, from the exploration wells to the end client. In May 2020, Total announced its ambition to get to net-zero emissions by 2050 together with society for its global business across its production and energy products used by its customers.What do we do in UK?
Present since 1955, Total in UK is fully integrated in all sectors of the energy business - exploration production, refining, trading and marketing for our end users and customers.
Our Marketing & Services Branch is specialized in Bitumen (based in Preston), Lubricants (based at Ferrybridge), Special Fluids and Aviation.
Sustainability and minimising the environmental impact of our products are guiding principles. These apply equally to our own manufacturing processes as to the impact our products will have in their end use. We consider the entire product lifecycle. About the Context and Environment
About the Job Dimensions
- Function exercised over all activities of the management perimeter.
- Constant evolution of regulatory and internal environments (DGMS and Group Directives, Risk Mapping, SAP Authorization Controls, BPRM, SOX, etc.).
- Point of contact with the Audit and Internal Control Department (ACI), the M&S Internal Control and the Statutory Auditors.
The job holder is responsible for evaluating and proposing Internal Control improvement points in the scope of the legal entity TOTAL UK, its subsidiaries and activities and liaises with operational and support Departments for the implementation of his/her goals. Under the responsibility of the Corporate Affairs Manager, the position is in close contact with General Management and the other members of the Management Committee (Mancom).About the Activities
1. Identification, mapping and evaluation of the company's business related risks:
- analyze, present and comment on the risks assessed by the members of Mancom and other Managers;
- monitor the defined action plans.
2. Evaluate internal control, identify weak points in existing processes and make recommendations to strengthen control of operations:
- Carry out audits on all the activities of the perimeter;
- Participation in the smooth implementation of audits (proposals, planning, coordination and monitoring of the audits of the Audit Group; coordination of the draft reports with the departments incl. follow-up of measures; preparation and participation in the audit plan and follow-up meetings).
- Conduct analyses at the request of Mancom members;
- Assist Total UK Business lines to implementing controls whilst ensuring continuous improvement
- Educate Total UK on the Essential of Internal Control (embed the principles in the entity)
- Take part in audit missions of the Audit and Internal Control Department (ACI)
3. Guarantee TOTAL UK's compliance with internal control and within the framework of Sarbanes-Oxley:
- Describe the selected accounting and operational processes and the controls put in place and carry out the tests;
- Development and maintaining of Priority Accounting Controls relating to Finance
- Coordination and implementation of ELC (Entity Level Control) campaign for Total UK
4. To control the risks related to SAP authorizations (SOD Manager):
- Arbitrate the existence of residual risks and define and test, if necessary, the compensating controls put in place.
5. Assist and Support the Compliance function by carrying out compliance audits e.g. regular checks of due diligence, expenses and compliance risk mapping.About the Accountabilities
About the Candidate
- Evaluate and contribute to the continuous improvement of the internal control of the perimeter.
- Guarantee the SOX compliance of the subsidiary TOTAL UK.
- Suitable accounting/auditing degree/CIA or 4 years cross-functional company experience
- Strong Internal Control and Financial knowledge with minimum 3 years in similar positions: broad level of Finance expertise
- Knowledge of concepts and principles of laws governing Sarbanes Oxley Act and Financial Regulation rules is preferable
- Technical skills: Knowledge and experience of Priority Accounting Controls, SAP experience or equivalent ERP, good Excel skills, Computer & IT system knowledge
- Integrity, confidentiality, decisiveness and flexibility; time management, planning and organising and facilitation skills; good interpersonal and people management skills; sound communication skills, both written and verbal