To assist the Treasurer in developing and managing the Bank's corporate dealing activities with a particular focus on Asset and Liability Management (ALM) and cash modeling.About us
Founded in 2007, we are a challenger bank that operates in accordance with Shariah principles, with offices in London, Milton Keynes, and Wilmslow. We're one of the fastest-growing banks of our kind in the UK and are a subsidiary of Gatehouse Financial Group Limited.
We offer personal and corporate savings products and finance for UK residential and commercial property, in addition to sourcing and advising on UK real estate investments.
Our way of operating is stable, transparent, and shares risk and reward in an equitable way. That's why we talk about balanced banking.
Required knowledge & skills:
- Daily management of the ALM function - specifically managing the bank's liquidity, IRRBB exposures, and monitoring of the Bank's overall cost of funds ensuring alignment with the business model and the internal funds transfer pricing model
- Working closely with asset generating areas to ensure profit margins are monitored and optimised through use and further development of the internal funds transfer pricing model (FTP)
- Working closely with Risk Management and Finance in the production of management information pertaining to the balance sheet, including but not exclusively P&L, net profit margins, liquidity ratios, profit rate risk reports and regulatory buffer requirements
- Execution of daily money market transactions, including FX and capital market transactions
- Sourcing and collating external inter-bank Treasury agreements and managing the approval process in line with Bank policies
- Attending, as required by line manager, ALCO or other deal team meetings as Treasury support or representative
- Managing and developing the new apprentice, to ensure he has a thorough understanding of the Treasury function and is successful in his apprentice course.
- Asset and Liability Management including FTP
- Cashflow Modelling - Preparation and running of scenario tests on Excel and other applications for transactions and/or asset and liability profiles
- Market Knowledge - Keeping up to date on the markets of focus at any time, whilst contributing suggestions/strategies on new sectors and / or geographies
- Products - Application of skill set to the strategic development, cashflow modelling and marketing documents of all Treasury products
- Execution - ensuring timely and efficient execution of transactions, including preparation of internal approval documents and new product development.
- Working knowledge of treasury cash book management;
- Working knowledge of asset and liability management - IRRBB and Liquidity Risk measurement methodologies (knowledge of hedging strategies and execution beneficial).
- Strong understanding of Treasury based models: Advanced Excel skills required. Must be comfortable working with large, dynamic datasets
We offer highly attractive reward package; the typical benefits include:
- 25 days holiday entitlement increasing with service
- Pension Plan
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Cover
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- Employee Referral Bonus
Gatehouse Bank is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.