Audit Manager - Third SectorJob description
We are looking to recruit an Audit Manager to manage the firms existing charity and not-for-profit portfolio, to help deliver the effective completion of Audit and independent examination work; coach and train the audit team as needed; ensure deadlines are met and the audit file is reviewed as well as providing expertise in other disciplines relevant to the charity client.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to support the firm's aim for profitable growth in the charity and not-for-profit.
The Audit Manager will be responsible for (but not limited to):
Experience and Qualifications
- Plan and manage the effective, professional and efficient delegation, flow-through and completion of Audit work for clients.
- Maintain up to date technical knowledge of Audit and Financial Reporting and related matters.
- Provide high-level technical advice to the Firm's Third Sector clients, working as necessary with senior managers and RI's across all of the firm's locations.
- Assist the Audit RI and Audit Senior Managers with Audit planning work and local reporting
- Manage and support a team of Audit staff to achieve their goals and objectives ensuring they are developing their skills and capabilities.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, contacts and colleagues.
- Work closely with the audit team to ensure audit work is handled efficiently and effectively from start to finish and is done in accordance with the Firm's Audit policy and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Be the principal contact for larger clients on day to day audit matters.
- Liaising with client staff, building effective relationships with client's staff, whether the audit work is being undertaken remotely or onsite (as regulations permit)
- Building relationships with client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm.
- Qualified CA/ACCA/CPFA (or equivalent) and above.
- Experienced in charity and not-for-profit audit work is essential
- Wider public sector and/or commercial experience desirable
- Knowledge of charity accounts preparation software desirable. Full training will be given on all software packages.
- Experience in supervising or managing staff
- The successful candidate will also have good organisational skills and be pro-active in their approach to their work.