SENIOR DATA ENGINEER
London, Greater London & Remote Working
Upto £90k per annumABOUT US
We exists to help clients invent a new future for their marketing through technology and data. Helping clients to build new capabilities to meet the challenges of an ever-changing marketing landscape, we do this by delivering customer centric, data driven, profitable experiences. Working at the intersection of marketing technology, data and user experience, our clients can use such services as: Transformation Consultancy, Marketing Science, Data Engineering, Customer Experience and Marketing technologies. We also develop and maintain our own Forrester recognized Marketing Technology solution which is used by 10,000 businesses worldwide.
With a global presence with 300+ employees spanning ten cities, located in the UK, Europe, North America, and Australia.
We believe everyone deserves a career journey that's tailored to suit their own personal needs. We are committed to ensuring all our colleagues have access to an environment that fosters a growth mind-set. Looking to use the most advanced marketing technology and data models we can be radical in our approach. We are a strong and diverse team of consultants, technologists, data scientists and customer success practitioners. What unites us is our shared purpose and desire to transform marketing.
Culturally, we are an innovative, fast moving, exciting and occasionally a demanding place to work. YOUR ROLE
We want to make sure we are the first choice for customers for marketing solutions and customer communications. It's our goal to be seen as the best in class for technical innovation - and the company that delivers a great customer experience for our clients' customers.
This role sits within the data & technology arm of our business, specifically within the Digital team. We have developed our own Marketing Solution called which is licensed, developed and supported across a number of major Blue Chip Organisations to manage their media assets and email campaigns.
We also delivers large scale back end database solutions & implements multi-channel campaign management applications such as Adobe Campaign, IBM Campaign and Exact Target which are generally hosted and managed by a team of Service Delivery, Campaign Management and email experts. We provide web services around these solutions, integration to web sites, back office systems and deliver anything from simple email templates to more complex website & digital applications as well as stand-alone tactical digital communication programs in support of our Creative & Media Agency. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- The development and maintenance of CRM database solutions.
- System integration of multiple products to build multichannel communications solutions to meet client requirements
- General development and support programming involving investigation of code and data issues.
- Attending client meetings if required to discuss and demonstrate solutions at both a technical and business level
- Providing training to internal & external personnel
- Writing technical specifications for a project as required
- Liaising with the client and other departments to facilitate the implementation of the project
- Development experience with cloud (AWS, Azure) technologies
- Python / Pyspark
- Redshift & Redshift Spectrum
- Step Functions
- Lambda Functions
- No SQL / Non-Relational DB
- SQL, Stored Procedures, RDBMS (Preferably MS SQL Server)
- Big data experience, ETL / ELT and Data Engineering experience
- Previous experience of leading projects. Focusing on technical coordination and allocation of work, planning & controlling work on the project day to day
- Experience of writing of all levels of specification for a project: from a requirements specification to a program/technical specification
- Strong interpersonal skills, client facing communication skills, proactively taking responsibility for delivery and expectations management of clients, stakeholders and senior team members
- Flexible, adaptable, positive "can do" approach, self-disciplined
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills