We are recruiting for a Commissioning Engineer to join our head office project team based near Wokingham. This mid-level role presents a great opportunity for the right candidate to develop their career in engineering. The ideal candidate will be technically minded with good communication skills and great attention to detail.
Reporting to the Project Group Lead and working within a technical environment, this role joins the team responsible for the installation, commissioning, and validation of environmental monitoring systems for our pharmaceutical, life sciences, NHS and engineering customers.
The role includes, but is not limited to, the following activities relating to Pharmagraph environmental monitoring systems;
Skills and Experience
- Installation and commissioning of hardware, software and electrical / electronic components at customer sites.
- Working with technical drawings for on-site termination of low voltage control panels.
- Execution of factory acceptance tests and site validation testing.
- Configuration of application software, Windows operating system and associated PC hardware.
- Assisting project engineers with design documentation (including drawings) and test protocol documentation.
- Duties will be carried out at Pharmagraph offices and at customer sites. Customer sites may be construction sites and / or may be overseas.
- Ongoing support and maintenance of operational customer systems, both by telephone and at customer premises.
- 2 years' experience in a similar role - electrical/electronic engineering.
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, Drawing packages such as AutoCAD / TurboCAD, Microsoft Office programs (e.g. Excel, Word, Access & Outlook).
- Ability to use hand tools and basic test equipment.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Professional manner when dealing with customers.
- Good communication skills.
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering education or qualification desirable but not essential.
- Full valid UK driver's license essential.
- Profit related bonus after 1 years' service
- Competitive Salary package based on experience
- 23 days annual leave
Closing date for applications Wednesday 3rd March 2021.