Job Title: Software Engineer Lead
Salary: £42,000- £50,000 per annum dependent on experience
Location: Yeovil (flexible working pattern available)
We currently have a vacancy to join one of the world's leading, global defence, security and aerospace companies as a Software Engineer Lead. This role will be based at their site in Yeovil, Somerset.
They work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries. Joining their Air division, you could be working at the edge of what is technologically possible, developing and evolving the technologies that will defend the UK for generations to come and supporting their customers around the globe.
As a Software Engineer Lead, you will be developing the systems that exploit tactical data links to enhance and optimise Command, Control and Situational Awareness across the whole battlespace.
· Ownership of requirements, design and implementation, and test to a high standard, within schedule and estimates
· Responsibility for software development of solutions
· Testing of completed functionality
· Adhering to project processes and software development practices
· Reporting on progress and providing feedback to team members and leadership
· Supporting System Test and Integration Activities
· Production of appropriate technical documentation
· Diagnosing and solving identified issues
· Designing technical solutions
· Estimating development activities
· Coding Sub team lead reporting to Senior Code Lead
· Enhanced Pension scheme- up to 14% combined
· Overtime available
· Flexible working pattern
· 25 holiday days plus bank holidays- 26 days after 5 years' service/ 27 days after 10 years' service
· Bonus based on company performance
· Shared Incentive Plan
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Cycle to Work Scheme
· Life Assurance (you and your spouse/ partner)- 6 x salary
· Ill Health Income Protection/ Private Medical Insurance- 50% of salary
· Software development lifecycle and processes (e.g. design, coding, unit testing), and tools (e.g. UML design tools, code IDEs)
· Experience of software development including desktop-based applications in an appropriate language: C++, Java
· Windows or Linux target environments
· Object-oriented design/development including UML
· Project specific tools and processes such as DOORS, Enterprise Architect
· Team leading, planning, tasking and provision of estimates
· Degree in a related STEM discipline or equivalent experience
· You will be a proactive individual with a 'can do' attitude, you will have the ability to work well within a team guiding and mentoring others.
· You will have strong communication skills with the ability to take responsibility for work packages and the delivery of projects.
· A knowledge of Tactical Data Links and Datalink processing from a software implementation perspective
You must be eligible to apply for SC clearance and, therefore, must hold a British passport and have lived and worked in the UK for the past 5 years
Whether you're looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team...
Aeropeople's expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search 'Aeropeople Ltd' on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs