Data Governance Manager City of London - Negotiable salary plus excellent benefits Permeant
We have an exciting opportunity with one of our clients, a world leader in insurance/reinsurance. They stand for exceptional solution-based expertise, consistent risk management, financial stability and client proximity. Overview:
With data strategy being one of the most common themes to support sustainable growth, my client are looking for a Data Governance Manager to lead and own the Data Strategy and Data Management implementation.
You will provide the foundation for streamlined, highly automated and seamless processes which will ultimately avoid adding manual work as well as ensuring high quality data-based business decisions and regulatory compliance.
In addition, you will chair a forum of Data Owners to derive and define the data strategy whilst also governing and overseeing its implementation on system and process level by the overarching program. Role Responsibilities:
Essential skills & experience:
- Own, propose, promote and deliver the overall Data Strategy and Data Governance.
- Owner of group wide Data Governance and Data Quality Policies & procedures.
- Strategic review of data processes and controls. Targeted analysis of underlying data quality in key areas and core systems
- Defines and promotes Data Ownership across the business through a consistent, co-ordinated and proportionate Data Management Framework
- Chair of the Data Management sub-committee consisting of Data Owners across functional and process areas which defines and implements the Data Strategy, Data Quality standards and Data Management best practice.
- Regular reports to the Executive Committee on all matters of Data Strategy implementation and Data Quality
- Determining what matters. i.e. defining the impact of Data Quality issues on the business and the commercial value resolving them
- Monitors and reports on Data Quality and proposes how to fill the gaps continuously enhancing the Data Strategy.
- Defines the risk appetite(s) for data quality in conjunction with Data Owners and Executive risk owners.
- Proven track record of successful Data Governance and Data Management implementations in the London insurance market
- Excellent knowledge of insurance processes and underlying industry/regulatory requirements (e.g. Lloyd's Minimum Standards)
- Ability to define and oversee the implementation of Data Governance and Data Management.
- Ability to effectively monitor industry trends and technological innovation and regulatory requirements to assess impact on Data Governance
- Ability to effectively communicate, present and articulate strategies across various audiences especially with non-technical business functions
- Assertive and high level of personal commitment
- Thought leadership
- Strong analytical and strategic skills, as well as people-oriented and entrepreneurial thinking
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to apply, please follow the link provided. Data Governance Manager Reinsurance, Insurance, Technology, Agile, Digital Solutions, Data, Governance, Chair