The Barcode Warehouse (TBW) is the UK's leading provider of barcode, RFID and enterprise mobility solutions. We supply these across all key market sectors with a key focus on retail and logistics. Our USP is our managed service offering which supports many of the UK's leading companies. TBW has grown consistently year on year addressing more and more of the customers' needs, so today we provide an array of technology, services and software solutions to a vast mix of customers via different go to market strategies from Ecommerce to Enterprise Sales.Overall Role
Reporting to the programme Director/Project Manager the role will primarily focus on Field Service Radio frequency identification (RFID) infrastructure and devicedesign, test, installation, on-site fault diagnosis and maintenance of RFID solutions that are used to track assets and/or goods. The role will also involve training Customers on how to use and maintain RFID infrastructure (readers and antenna's) and RFID enabled devices (handhelds and printers) throughout mainland United Kingdom.Key Responsibilties
- Working with the TBW Professional Services/Enterprise Sales Teams to scope and deliver RFID solutions into both existing and new Customers to an agreed timeline and budget.
- Working with the TBW Enterprise Sales Team in the selection of the most effective RFID technology for the specific customer requirement including passive/active technology, RFID infrastructure (readers, antennas), RFID hardware (mobile devices, printers) and media (tags/labels).
- Identifying the operational requirements for the selected new RFID solution, analysing and/or programming the selected RFID technology, testing all hardware with the software and the selected RFID labels/tags.
- Responsible, in conjunction with our RFID Partners and Enterprise Sales Team to design, develop, and test radio-frequency identification (RFID) and bluetooth low energy (BLE) networks and a variety of reader types and labels/tags (passive & active).
- Investigating and solving ongoing RFID related issues reported by Customers (both remotely and on-site) after the initial deployment and to look for ways to proactively reduce these issues occurring in future.
- In certain Customers; to train RFID users in the details of hardware configuration and operation.
- In conjunction with the Enterprise Sales Team, to liaise with our RFID Partners on developments in RFID technology and future roadmaps.
- In conjunction with TBW Training Department, for providing technical training (shadowing) for new starters.
- Experience of implementing RFID solutions is preferred, however, full training will be provided through our Partner network and practical on-the-job training.
- A high degree of technical competence and expertise on RFID scanning, mobile computing and printers (in the area of design, functionality, technical specifications).
- Networking knowledge of LAN, Wi-Fi & Access Point (AP) configuration, along with understanding of wireless security such as WEP and WPA.
- Good working knowledge of how to set up, operate and where applicable identify faults with RFID Handheld terminals, sleds, printers, and scanners etc.
- Excellent customer facing skills and customer service.
- To be cooperative and collaborative, with strong communication and problem-solving abilities. Ensure high quality service to both internal and external customers.
- Capable of working independently as well as part of a wider Project
- Ability to solve problems within defined quality standards using a basic understanding of the RFID products, solutions, and Customer environments.
- A willingness to learn and develop new skills with a good attention to detail through both planned training and self-development of technical skills and new technology.
- An interest in keeping up with developments in RFID & BLE technologies and processes through our Partner network webinars, meetings, and personal industry research.
- Detail-oriented and analytical thinker in order to complete challenging work tasks and keep Projects on schedule.
- Must be adaptable and flexible to effectively handle changes in the workplace while staying focused to support the RFID solution.
- Due to customer demand, there may be a requirement to stay away from home at short notice, should job schedules demand, and on the rare occasion a potential to be away from home for the full week.
- Creating related work instructions, standard operating procedures, and process flows for the RFID systems.
- Experience with related software programs including but not restricted to administrative software such as dynamic host configuration protocol (DHCP) and simple network management protocol (SNMP) programs.
- Knowledge and experience of development environment software programs such as C and Microsoft Visual Studio; object or component-oriented development software like C++ and Oracle Java; operating system software such as Cygwin and Linux; and program testing software such as Framework for integrated test (FIT), JUnit, and Robot Framework are all desirable.
- Knowledge of mobile computing technologies, operating systems and remote MDM Software tools.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the position, thus are not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Barcode Warehouse Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.