An international MGA Platform delivering specialist reinsurance products is looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Underwriting Manager to take responsibility of underwriting controls and review.
This is an opportunity to make an impact on a growing specialised global team as they expand upon a successful 2020.Responsibilities:
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the oversight and monitoring of all procedures providing the Delegated Underwriting Manager with assurance that there are no breaches and best practice is maintained
- Implement and maintain all necessary policies & procedures, ensuring all Underwriters have in place an agreed Underwriting Authority in line with our binder terms and conditions
- Manage appropriate resources and direc reports, either internal or external, with performance management measures implemented and monitored
- Provide Monthly MI Reports for Operations Committee and Quarterly MI Reports for Binder Risk Committee
- Experienced and knowledgeable of underwriting controls in a Global Market environment
- Able to manage multiple projects and muliple internal stakeholder relationships
- Strong technicals skills in MS Office, with emphasis on excel and use of pivot tables
- Highly organised, with good strategic delivery skills and the ability to work effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines.