Marmalade Game Studio is looking for an enthusiastic and talented Game backend developer with a background in building backend services to join our close-knit team of superstars!
Based in our London studio, this is a new role in which a creative-minded person with excellent technical competence can thrive. You will be responsible for making technical decisions and for creating and implementing the backend services that will carry Marmalade Game Studio to the next stage.
We love what we do, and love working alongside other people who share the same dedication to quality. Come and join us in our new state of the art offices in central London!
This position is full-time and on-site. During the pandemic, the successful candidate will be required to work from home. As a company we're not in a hurry to return to the office, and will only do so when we're sure it's safe, regardless of government policies. When it is safe, we have a big terrace we intend to celebrate on!
The candidate must be eligible to work in the UK.Responsibilities
- Develop backend services for our games that will allow us to unite our playerbase under a single Marmalade umbrella
- Provide player to player communication features
- Provide cloud support for in-game features
- Estimate and schedule work
- Write and develop technical documentation
- Work proactively to fix bugs
- Work with other disciplines (Unity Programmers, Design. Art, etc) to plan and execute work
Optional but valuable
- Cloud Services (Azure, AWS, etc)
- Login and Authentication Systems
- Designing scalable services which scale out in response to load
- Client/Server Architecture
- Database Architecture (eg CosmosDB)
- Security Methodology / Best Practices
- Chat systems
- Experience of GDPR Compliance
- At least 3 years professional development experience
- Passion for board games (both for professional reasons and because we like to have more players for our lunchtime sessions!)
- Unity Game Engine
- Knowledge of C++ and other languages
- Photon Realtime Networking
- Photon Chat
- PlayFab / GameSparks / ChilliConnect
- Video Chat Systems
- DevOps Skill
- Web Frontend Dev (for in-house tools)
Join us on our Marmalade adventure
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus system based on performance
- Company pension scheme
- Generous holiday allowance consisting of 22 days + a bonus 3 days' holiday when the offices are closed over Christmas and New Year + extra holiday for long service
- Private health insurance package
- Private life insurance
To apply please submit your cv below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are selected for an interview you will normally be contacted within two weeks of the closing date. If you do not hear from us within this period then you should assume that, unfortunately, on this occasion, you have been unsuccessful.