UST Global is a digital consulting company that provides Advanced Computing and Digital Innovation Services to large private and public enterprises around the world. We are transforming lives through innovative technology solutions. We deliver real-world solutions that enable our clients to transform their businesses and the lives of their customers. Headquartered in Aliso Viejo, California, UST Global uses a client-centric Global Engagement Model that combines local, senior, on-site resources with the cost, scale, and quality advantages of off-shore operations. www.ust-global.com
UST is actively recruiting for a passionate Lead Python Engineer. You'll work with likeminded professionals, focused on building best data processing and analytical tools for processes like portfolio construction, optimisation and performance attribution using modern technologies.
You'll work with a team of enthusiastic individuals who are passionate about data analytics in a financial context and evolving Client's investment platform. They're also keen on driving positive technology changes.
What is the role?
· Be part of a business facing team with a high visibility
· Deliver a first class data and analytics platform to support investment decision making and quantitative research;
· Refine the existing investment and research platform;
· Work on adopting Python and transition the current systematic models over to the new platform
· Coach and develop more junior team members, ensuring that best practices and methodologies are followed
Who are we looking for?
· Strong Python development (core) experience, preferably in an enterprise environment (9+years)
· Python library knowledge including packages such as pandas, numpy and numba
· Experience with both SQL and NoSQL database platforms
· A drive to deliver with an ability to own a piece of work from start to finish
· An understanding of data structures and common data transformation methodologies
· Able to work in a modern software engineering environment, using Agile and DevOps methodologies and tools including Scrum, git and CI/CD
· Able to deal credibly with business and technical users at all levels of the organisation
As an advantage:
· Proficiency in the Linux environment
· Experience using Docker containers and preferably Kubernetes
· Experience with Cloud (preferably Azure)
· A Computer Science and financial services background