West Midlands Fire Service is one of the leading Fire Services in the country, and our primary role is to provide emergency fire cover and proactive prevention to the people within our community. We are looking for a Principal Infrastructure Support Engineer to join our team and play an instrumental role in helping us support the organisation. Working with the infrastructure manager, you will lead the infrastructure team across the brigade.About you:
What can you bring:
- You will be looking for a role where you are instrumental in building a world-class systems infrastructure that is constantly evolving and expanding.
- Take pride in supporting a blue light service and looking to lead a complex mix of team, suppliers and support companies to achieve this.
- See yourself as team-orientated, well organised. able to multitask and adapt to rapidly changing problems.
- Be keen for a role where hands-on is still part of the job.
- Be an inspiration through coaching and mentoring of our infrastructure teams, developing them both technically and their passion for the role.
- You will trust yourself to lead, design and operate a Microsoft based Infrastructure environment to support a distributed mission-critical business.
- We run Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Active Directory, Office 365 and Nutanix and are moving to a fully cloud-based environment, however, you will be comfortable managing a legacy desktop-based environment.
- Able to lead, support and mentor other engineers both technically and through the organisation culture of change.
- Supplier Management would be a core skill for you, able to integrate and bring suppliers, team and users together to support and maintain our systems.
- Understanding the impact of information security, policy and physical security, backup and disaster recovery and can communicate this effectively throughout the organisation.
The Principal Infrastructure Support engineer position is offered on a 12 month fixed term contract. The role is based at the Birmingham Head Quarters site, although it would be expected that a large proportion of time will be spent working from home during the current climate. The Fire service offers a structured career and training plan, and the opportunity to work with an extremely talented team on applications that are essential to public safety, utilising cutting edge technology and complexity. If you think you have the skills and drive to work in an exciting environment to make a real difference with some of the best people in the fire sector, we want to hear from you.