Senior Network Engineer
LexisNexis Risk Solutions Group (LNRSG) is looking for a highly skilled Senior Network Engineer
to join the Network Infrastructure team to help build and support our global network. Technology is fundamental and crucial to the success of our business.
You will be joining a global team of networking professionals, who are based in the UK, US and New Zealand - you will be based in London/Surrey. You will be supporting our global wide-area networks, connectivity to offices, office LAN and wireless networks, as well as network connectivity at our datacentres and to our cloud providers.
Your tasks will vary month to month, and could involve troubleshooting existing environments, researching new technologies, setting up new office network connectivity (WAN, LAN, Wi-Fi, etc.), working as part of an acquisitions project team to integrate a newly acquired company. Having great attention to detail, and experience in running projects, is essential. There may be some international travel as work requires (and as Covid restrictions allow).
- Provide network problem analysis, identification, and resolution of moderate to complex issues.
- Provide network knowledge to network architecture and/or management team to help make decisions concerning the network environment.
- Facilitate the establishment and implementation of standards and guidelines that guide the design of technology solutions across the enterprise.
- Work with network services team and vendors to ensure timely problem resolution.
- Create documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and/or service records.
- Write commands or processes for execution under multiple network environments.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of all network components.
- Demonstrate knowledge of network parameters to control, configure, and install various network environments.
- Monitor, recommend changes and additions in data circuits and bandwidth.
- Work with Security Engineering to plan and implement network security including building/maintaining firewalls, applying encryption, managing device security and other related items.
- Establish and maintain adequate backup and recovery for all network devices.
- Independently troubleshoot networking problems to correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Develop and maintain a production network capacity plan so that capacity can be forecasted, and equipment changes planned.
- Develop and maintain adequate technical documentation on configurations, installations, network diagrams, backup/recovery, standards, and other related information.
- Conduct performance monitoring and tuning on the network.
- Conduct security audits and security hardening. Review CVEs, threats, notices, vulnerability scans etc., that relate to the security of the network environment.
- Develop job control procedures or workflow diagrams for commonly used processes.
- Learn solutions and indicators regarding security in network environment.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Provide demonstrable experience of your ability to work independently, working on your own initiative, be a self-starter.
- Expert knowledge of market leading routing and switching vendors such as Cisco.
- Advanced knowledge of WAN connectivity, transport types and protocols, including Ethernet point to point and VPN technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of routing and tunnelling protocols including BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IPSEC and GRE.
- Advanced knowledge of high availability protocols such as VRRP, HSRP, LACP, PAGP.
- Advanced knowledge of network virtualization technologies including MPLS and VRF. Advanced knowledge of VPN and supporting technologies
- Advanced knowledge of QoS and NetFlow, particularly in respect to prioritising of network traffic.
- Advanced knowledge of Wireless technologies such as 802.11ac, Radius, PKI certificates/infrastructure.
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco ASA and Palo Alto firewalls.
- Knowledge of security technologies including intrusion detection and prevention. (Tippingpoint, Palo Alto)
- Advanced knowledge of leading Enterprise grade Firewalls such as Checkpoint.
- Knowledge of Cloud based networking technologies, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure network designs, including best practices in configuring AWS Direct Connect and Azure.
- Knowledge of Load Balancers such as Loadbalancer.org, Cisco ACE/CSS.
- Knowledge of Cisco Call Manager, Avaya and Microsoft Skype/Team PBX systems
Experience and Education
- 5+ years of network engineering experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience required
- Cisco CCNP certification