DescriptionJob Title: Payments ManagerDepartment/Group: FinanceLine Manager: Group Financial ControllerLocation: LondonContract Type: Permanent Full TimeTravel Required: NoWho We Are
At MADE.com we believe that everyone should have access to great design. So, we've taken a unique approach to making and selling furniture - no middlemen, no agents or importers. Instead we work directly with designers and manufacturers so we can offer high-end furniture and homewares at a fair price.
It's not an easy task - it takes a creative and dedicated team to make it happen where everyone has an important part to play. We combine our individual passions and skills to create innovative work that's as exciting and unconventional as the business itself. It's a place where all ideas are listened to, where brainstorming means job titles get left at the door and where a self-starter can really make their mark.What You'll Be Doing
As Payments Manager at MADE.com you will be responsible for managing the relationship with our payment provider partners to ensure the timely and accurate processing and settlement of payments and refunds; management and oversight of fraud risk; as well as assisting in building out the payment offerings across both existing markets and new markets.
This is your dayKey Areas Of Responsibility Will Include
- Key business owner for relationship with the existing payment providers, working closely with them to manage service levels, fees, fraud management and settlement timings;
- Oversight of the daily/weekly reconciliation of sales order system to the payment provider systems, and to the banking system, including refunds;
- Oversight and responsibility for the process of investigating and resolving settlement reconciliation differences;
RequirementsWhat you'll need
- Preparation of weekly/monthly reporting and analysis on transactional activity, including settlements, acceptance rates, chargebacks, fees, etc;
- Overview and management of fraud risk, working with payment provider fraud risk tools and services;
- Establish close working relationship with internal stakeholders, including customer service teams and tech teams;
- Involvement in setting up payment options in any new markets;
- Line management responsibilities for 1 direct report
We are looking for an EXPERIENCED candidate who has a proven track record of working successfully with different payment provider solutions to manage settlements, acceptance rates, and fraud risks.
You will be a highly motivated individual who is able to build and maintain close working relationships with key external and internal partners, and who is looking to make this role their own.BenefitsWhat we offer
- Great opportunities to make the role your own and get involved with exciting projects in a fast-paced, creative and fun office environment.
- We're proud of our diverse, supportive company and culture. Our very own in-house Culture Club plans a variety of activities from our annual parties, Friday drinks, social events and more.
- Temptingly good employee discounts on MADE.com (30% for you and 15% for your family & friends).
- 25 days holiday per year (on top of bank holidays), plus an extra day of holiday for every year served up to a ceiling of 30 days.
- We know that flexibility is important. Our Everyday Flex policy enables you to determine your start and finish times, and we're open to discussing other flexible working arrangements too.
- Free, unlimited access to over 13,000 eLearning courses to support your development.
- We believe it's important to give back, so we give you one paid day off each year to get involved in any community or charity volunteering activity of your choice.
- Excellent employee benefits including private healthcare (with discounted gym membership), pension, life insurance, eyecare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan to name but a few.
Up your street? Apply for the opportunity to join our growing team in the heart of Old Street!MADE is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, where all of our employees have equal access to opportunities and everyone's voices are heard. We respect and value all differences (seen and unseen) and encourage applications from all backgrounds, which will be considered regardless of race, colour, religion or belief, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy and maternity, disability or age.