DCTUK are a brand leader in supplying and fitting flooring products for the home and workplace via our e-commerce website.
We're looking for a full time Website & Digital Designer
with passion, energy and creativity to join our marketing team to help take our website to the next level, and also support the team with our social media content and video content.
The core part of the role will be spend creating landing pages, website banners, and improving the website navigation, page structure, product pages and mobile functionality of the website.
You'll be aware of SEO best practices and have a background in creating bespoke websites as part of your employment or freelance (e.g. Wordpress sites, standalone HTML sites, etc)
Alongside your coding expertise you'll be an advanced user of the Adobe Suite and comfortable creating and editing graphics in Photoshop and vectors in Illustrator. As well as creating banners for the website you'll be supporting team members with the design of email marketing graphics (including animated gifs) and any graphical support required for social micro content.Key responsibilities:
You should apply if the below describes you:
- Design and implementation of homepage and category page banners
- Creating landing pages as directed by the Marketing team leader
- Creating project pages showcasing images from our fit teams
- Utilising and implementing our wealth of video content into the website
- Improving the design and look of our visualiser website
- Delivery of technical SEO and rich snippets across the website
- Creating graphics in Adobe Suite software for the website and also to support team members who create blog and email campaigns
- Work on simplifying code and optimising each webpage for performance using Google Search Console Tools
- Developing the mobile experience of our website to be seamless, fast and intuitive
- Experience in HTML/CSS website design and development
- Aware of best practice when it comes to SEO, performance and W3C standards
- Previous history of building websites in frameworks such as Wordpress, Woocommerce, Magento or other content management systems.
- Design literate - confident in creating aesthetically pleasing landing pages that work across browsers and devices
- Plenty of experience in using the Adobe Suite of creative tools
You'll be joining a family-run business, based in Aintree, Liverpool that trades across the UK with a core customer base in London. We're disrupters in our industry and nothing we do is the norm. We're different, dynamic and love a good TikTok dance! Check out our social channels before applying.
The position is full time, office based, 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Perks include discounted flooring, free Friday lunches, 28 days holiday per year (inc bank holidays), company laptop to take home, and opportunities for career growth in one of the UK's fastest growing companies. Working from home some days of the week may be agreed after a satisfactory induction period. Start date: March 2021.
Expected start date: 01/03/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £22,000 per year
We're currently working from home but by March we expect to be back in the office. Screen dividers are present on all desks and free PPE equipment is available, e.g. masks, hand sanitisers, desk wipes etc.