Lead Java Developer - online gaming & gambling:
Company overview for Lead Java Developer - leader in online gaming & gambling:
- Remote first working (client based in London).
- Circa £85,000-£95,000 (negotiable on exp).
Our client is a global market leader in online gaming and gambling. The talented technology team develops proprietary in-house software running upon these technologies which underpin gaming applications across multiple formats, including HTML5, Flash and native applications for Apple IOS and Android. Additionally, our client creates and distributes casual mobile games applications which are made available through the Apple App Store and Google Play.Job Purpose for Lead Java Developer - leader in online gaming & gambling:
The successful candidate will work within the Java team and be involved in all aspects of Java development. This will involve working with technical colleagues, project managers and business owners to develop and maintain a multi-tier platform.
Successful candidates are expected to take ownership of development tasks and provide estimates and documentation for the chosen solution. Support will form part of the responsibilities and will involve liaising with internal personnel to help investigate and resolve issues. Description of Job Responsibilities:
- Working with project managers, business owners, and external customers to implement new projects and functionality in a fast paced agile environment
- Taking lead development roles on projects, including making architectural decisions, and taking responsibility for the full development lifecycle
- Managing, supporting and training other Java Developers
- Maintenance of existing code including bug fixes and optimisations
- Identifying root cause of incidents to improve operational efficiency and deliver suitable solutions.
- Excellent leadership and previous people management skills.
- 7+ years of experience Java (preferably Java 8).
- Clean coding methodologies (SOLID, YAGNI).
- Spring MVC, Spring Boot.
- Extensive experience with REST.
- Good understanding of microservices architecture and DDD (Domain Driven Design).
- Unit testing frameworks (Junit, Mockito).
- Event driven architectures based in RabbitMQ or Kafka.
- NoSQL (Cassandra/Mongo).
- In-memory caches (Redis, Hazelcast).
- BDD Concepts.
- Performance monitoring and tuning.
- Any experience in the Gaming and Gambling industry would be great.