We require an experienced, competent, mechanically biased technician to carry out a field service role within the FMCG industry across the UK. Activities will include: Carrying out both planned and reactive maintenance, commissioning and training on chemical dosing systems within food factories and completing technical reports detailing site activities to effectively communicate work carried out.
Sound like we've just described you and all you're passionate about?
Then apply today!
Areas of Responsibility
• Carry out planned preventative and reactive maintenance on sites across the UK as a self-sufficient individual or part of a small team
• Be mobile to attend short notice breakdowns
• Carry out commissioning and training to site staff on newly installed equipment
• Perform assessments of equipment and procedures and provide suitable recommendations
• Travel to sites across the UK and abroad to carry out site surveys and maintenance
• Carry out details site surveys in cooperation with the sales team
• Work in a technical, commercial and customer focused environment supporting key stakeholders
• Develop customer relations though efficient, accurate work
• Provide detailed reports of work carried out and generate site surveys and plans
Skills & Experience Required
• Indentured time served apprentice with an Electrical or Mechanical bias, or with an equivalent City and Guilds qualification
• Ideally a multi-disciplined hands-on engineer with FMCG experience
• Confident Root Cause Analysis practitioner
• Experience of leading and coaching teams
• Excellent influencing, communication and decision-making skills
• Strong team player who adopts a continuous improvement approach
• Computer literate
The working pattern for the role is Monday-Friday, days only (0730-1630). Flexibility is also required to provide call outs on evenings and weekends where required.
Modern apprentice qualified in a mechanical discipline, which requires the following qualifications: NVQ Levels Two and Three or City & Guilds equivalent, and National Certificate
Communicates clearly and professionally in written and oral forms to both internal and external clients
Initiative and Confidence
Generates and acts on new ideas that add value to the business. Looks at different ways to solve problems and address difficulties
Sets goals and strives to achieve them with enthusiasm and determination
Business Acumen Must have a good understanding of the business environment and the impact their behaviour has on the reputation of the company. High sense of responsibility, ethic and honesty
Respect Treats colleagues and clients in a manner which demonstrates integrity, honesty and fairness
Flexible Team Player
Flexible working pattern to enable the business to achieve overhaul targets and deadlines, self-motivated and high levels of initiative - ability to handle multiple tasks. Prepared to work independently on their own initiative and as part of a team involved in a culture of continuous improvement.
Planning and Organisational Skills
Focused on detail and establishes a clear course of action to achieve long or short-term goals in an organised manner.
Health & Safety
You will take reasonable care for your health and safety and have regard to other persons who may be affected by the performance of your duties, in accordance with the provisions of Health and Safety legislation. You will exercise proper care in handling, operating and safeguarding any equipment, vehicle or appliance provided, used or issued by the Company or provided or issued by a third party for individual or collective use in the performance of your duties.
It is the responsibility of all staff to ensure that their day to day activities embrace sustainability and reduce the impact upon the environment by minimising waste and maximise recycling; saving energy; minimise water usage and report any electrical faults, water leakage or other environmental concerns to the line manager.
Perform any other reasonable duties assigned by immediate line manager or senior management within the business.