AMAZING opportunity to join a well-established SME, who are looking to appoint a new CFO in light of recent and planned growth.
This is a board-member position, reporting to the CEO and you be fully responsible for an established finance team and take full control of all aspects of financial control, reporting, risk, audit and strategy.
A key part of the role is going to be supporting and contributing to the growth and development of the business. This may lead to acquisitions, restructuring and moving in to new markets. It's a challenging role, with real responsibility so we need to find a candidate who is ready for a visible role, where you will be able to make genuine decisions.
A real opportunity for an entrepreneurial and energetic Finance professional to lead Finance as well as Strategy & Operations and help take this business forward and what could be a very exciting journey.
You will have a say in all aspects of the business, product, operations & strategy and will be working very closely with the Board and act as the Business Partner to the CEO. This is not a purely reporting role, it's very much a business-focused role in an established business that has growth on its mind!Key Responsibilities:
Required skills & experience:
- Full responsibility for overseeing the finance function, including reviewing, improving & streamlining accounting & financial management processes
- Implementation on a new, more meaningful and accurate MI function
- Management of financial matters for several over-seas' entities
- Manage a finance team as well as some operational responsibilities
- Support the leadership team in terms of business development, modelling and strategic growth opportunities
- Manage all relationships with external providers including Banks and technology partners
- Identify, implement & lead efficient financial and operational processes in order to achieve sustainable growth
- Responsible for all financial reporting and control, Tax, VAT & payroll
- Responsible for all Financial Analysis and planning as well as strategic business planning
- Oversee & ensure the production of year end consolidated accounts & financial statements.
- Effectively manage relationships & contractual agreements with external partners
- Be a core member of the top senior management team - advising on the growth of the business
- Fully Qualified ACA/ACCA or equivalent, ideally originally from Practice, but not essential
- Previous experience within an SME is essential
- Strong leader with the ability to develop a team
- Must have experience of overseas and multi-currency entities
- Gravitas and the ability to interact with a very senior board of directors and industry leaders
- A problem solver - someone with energy and curiosity to make things great!
- The ability to think big. You will need to build solutions and processes that can scale
- Creative problem solver
- Well organised with an almost obsessive attention to detail & high level of accuracy
This is one of those rare opportunities to join a growing business, which really could lead to great things for the new CFO and the business in general.
It's not a role for someone looking for a predictable ride, very much suited to an opportunist Finance Professional who wants to help run a business!