Vice President - Unified Workspace
Unified Workspace refers to our end-user computing environment that spans laptops, desktops, mobile and virtual desktop infrastructure. This group is a part of the larger Digital Workplace organization. As the Unified Workspace Vice President, you will have responsibility for leading Engineering, Delivery and Operations of Digital Workplace products to the global colleague base.
What is Amex's objective for a digital workplace?
Our winning aspiration is to deliver the best Colleague digital experience. We simplify work and raise productivity by empowering Colleagues with the best digital tools and services.
Opportunity for Impact
The Digital workplace at American Express is entering into a new phase of technology transformation driven by opportunities to improve Colleague experience, raise productivity and collaboration, and drive operational efficiency of all service and infrastructure operations. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, with hands on experience and strategic thinking, in areas of productivity and collaboration software suites, endpoint computing and security, mobile platforms, data management and analytics, and software engineering, join our leadership team to help with our transformation journey.
Role and ResponsibilitiesAs The Leader Of This Group, You Will
The Amex Unified Workspace is how colleagues and partners gain access to and interact with American Express data, capabilities, and applications.
- Provide a streamlined set of integrated devices, apps, and user management functions across all workspaces, enabling the quick and efficient delivery of secure, modern IT capabilities and services.
- Deliver an Operating system and device-agnostic experience that provides the data and applications our colleagues need anywhere, on any network. Enables productivity in a manner that suits the individual without compromising the company's compliance needs.
- Implement security architectures that protect data beyond the confine of company networks/boundaries.
- Run a Digital experience management program to measure and elevate Colleague experience and satisfaction with their EUC environment.
- Streamline colleague experience for multiple journeys including onboarding, off-boarding and device replacement.
- Migrate and operate the management platforms used for desktops/laptops and mobile devices to cloud-based modern management.
- Engineer and operate the virtual desktop infrastructure necessary to support access to Amex data and applications by contractors and other 3rd parties.
- Perform software asset management for all endpoint computing.
- Automation in support of operations, self-healing, and user self-service.
- Creative, passionate, and experienced leader of both people and technology
- Team Management savvy (e.g., planning, budgetary control, people management, vendor management, etc.)
- Knowledgeable and capable in all things Digital Workplace such as: EUC (End User Computing) Tools and platforms including modern management, automation, and scripting.
- Operating systems (Windows, Mac OS, iOS, and Android) - management, security architecture, and configuration.
- Mobile MDM (Modern Device Mgmt) using MobileIron, VMware, InTune, Blackberry.
- Virtualization technologies (VMware Horizon/Workspace One, Citrix XenDesktop)
- Endpoint Security including Symantec DLP, Crowdstrike, and Tanium.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Active Directory concepts and security architecture.
- Software distribution across operating systems (including SCCM, JAMF, App Volumes)
- Enterprise-scale experience with communications (telecom, VoIP, SIP), collaboration (conferencing, chat, social, video)
- Browser technologies and desktop middleware.
- Working knowledge of data engineering, analytics, and Machine learning.
- Responsible for end user engagement/feedback/escalations on behalf of Digital Workplace
- Well versed in AGILE methodologies and Program Management methods
- Bachelor's degree with a preference for Computer Science.
- Flexible to travel on a limited basis.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 10, 2021, 10:42:58 AM