Please note this role is inside IR35 and paying up to £350/day.
Hortor is currently recruiting for a SQL DBA to join one of our clients based in Chorley. You must hold active SC Clearance - used in the past 12 months and be based within commutable distance to Chorley to go on site when and if needed.
The successful candidate will join a highly skilled team of project delivery engineers responsible for delivery of complex projects across multiple secure clients. The role will require a flexible working ethic and a pragmatic approach to IT project delivery.
Successful candidates will have experience in the delivery of infrastructure projects along with a broad understanding across a range of capabilities. They will have a keen interest in innovation combined with a willingness to implement new ways of working and automation. This role predominantly requires an in-depth knowledge of the implementation of SQL technologies.
Some of your responsibilities will be:
- Designs database activity and file usage, and ensures necessary resources are present. Determines data to be collected and analyses information as appropriate.
- Builds for operations to ensure high quality performance of databases post implementation by considering informational needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, proposed manipulation, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities for more complex databases. Recommends and implements tuning opportunities to improve system response and run times.
- Defines logical attributes and data inter-relationships and designs complex data structures to accommodate database production implementation, storage, maintenance and accessibility to enhance performance.
- Optimises database accessibility by developing load balancing architectures and processes to eliminate down time for backup processes. Implements automation to limit database accessibility based upon information security level and ensures data spillage from more secure to less secure databases does not occur.
- Implements database security regulations, policies, and guidelines. Proactively monitors security bulletins to obtain information of potential threats for consideration in new services
- Plans and installs first-of-type upgrades of database management systems (DBMS) software as necessary to enhance database performance. Researches various hardware and software products; recommends solution and implements approved products.
- Functions as a technical complex project leader for our portfolio of databases, including installations and upgrades of DBMS software and backup/recovery strategies. Reviews and approves application and database design decisions to ensure that application solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and reliability upon deployment.
The initial contract length will be 3 months, but there is a lot of potential for this role to become permanent. If you have the experience mentioned above, please apply for immediate consideration.