- Bath (remote option available)
- £competitive + bonus + benefits
- 29 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- 14-person agency
A job where you can help build companies which enables them to create new jobs, and know that the work you do is also helping the environment and supporting the most disadvantaged in society? Join us and that's precisely what you'll be doing.
Clearly PR is the largest agency in Bath, with a growing portfolio of clients throughout the UK. We work with a growing portfolio of local, national, and multinational clients that operate across the Recruitment, Technology, Finance, Legal, Start-Ups, Education, and Charity sectors.
Over the last six months, revenues have increased by 59% and that has created a number of new roles within the business.
We are 14-strong today, and will grow even further by the end of 2021. But we need an additional Associate Director to join the senior team, to lead, build and develop some of our biggest clients while supporting their own team of four/five people.
The role of Associate Director is one of the most important within the agency, and the successful post holder will become part of Clearly's senior leadership team that is made up of another Associate Director and its Managing Director.The role
The Associate Director is a role that requires a strong sense of project and people management, creativity in approach and the ability to provide strategic counsel for the business as a whole.
It is also one that provides a great deal of freedom and agility whereby the post holder is responsible for a portfolio of 10 clients and four/five team members.You will be required to:
- To serve as senior contact for clients
- To support new business campaigns and identify opportunities to upsell existing clients
- To provide a deeper analysis and campaign outcomes through data interpretation
- To provide feedback and dialogue with existing clients, and evaluating current and past projects
- To act as the most senior member of the business after the Managing Director, and to deputise for him as and when required to do so
- To provide strategic direction for both the business and the company's key clients
- To lead the support and development of team members
- To represent the business at key events and help raise the profile within the local business community, trade bodies and client networks
- To support the principle of practicing-what-we-preach - enhancing the Clearly 'brand' and that of its people
- To provide senior leadership within the business
- To monitor the industry and external climate to advise on public relations strategy and positioning
The nature of this position means that the successful candidate must be at one of two possible stages in their career - a current Associate Director, or an experienced Account Director looking (and ready) to take the next step up in their career.
In either case, current PR agency experience is absolutely essential.What's on the table if you join us?
What makes us the business we are
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- 28 days holiday + Bank Holidays + a day off for your birthday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Central Bath location - 10 minutes by foot from the train station, 50 ft from the Park & Ride bus
- Opportunity to perform the role remotely with attendance in the office at least one day each week
- Clearly defined career support and continued professional development
- Flexible start and finish times, and remote working options
- Opportunity to provide pro bono support for a social impact initiative within the local community as part of your paid employment
- Reading/book procurement allowance
- Employee assisted program providing help and support for staff mental health and wellbeing, including free counselling service and access to the Headspace or Calm apps that are fully-paid by the business
- 6 reset days throughout the year for when times get a wee bit too much and you need some respite (with no questions asked and no explanation needed)
- Plenty of cake... it's our thing
- And not forgetting an amazing welcome each day from Rupert the office dog
We don't do fluff. We'll never say we're the 'leading this' or the 'best that'. People might attribute such accolades to us, which is rather lovely.
But we only care about doing a blinkin' great job by our clients, adding value at every opportunity, and providing opportunities for our people to fulfil their personal career ambitions.Some facts about us that you might like:
Our commitment to people and planet
- 2 per cent of every penny we make as a business funds environmental and social impact programs focusing on water poverty, homelessness, child literacy, and youth unemployment
- 10 per cent of everyone's time in the business is allocated to providing pro bono services to local causes
- 50 per cent of the Clearly team have been promoted within the last 12 months
- 80 per cent of all new clients won since January 2019 have extended their contracts beyond their original end date
- 90 per cent of the Clearly team expect to remain with the business for at least the next two years (Employee Survey, Jan 2021)
We're all about helping those who need it most and doing what we can to protect the planet. While most other companies typically give an often unstated percentage of their net profit to fund various causes, we go a step further... quite a lot further in fact:
Additional information for applicants
- 2 per cent of our annual fees fund environmental and social impact programs to help non-profits achieve their missions
- 10 per cent of the team's time is allocated to providing pro bono services to social causes that matter to us
Clearly is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and inclusivity and are keen to hear from people regardless of ethnicity, race, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or social background. Likewise, we are responsible for ensuring that our staff do not discriminate against, harass or victimise anyone they engage with during the course of their work. Clearly uses its voice to campaign against diversity and inclusion and is fully compliant with the Equalities Act 2010.