Who are we?
Hi! We are Ravelin! We were created to tackle the ever growing online fraud problem and we are pioneering the use of machine learning to do so. Our goal is to make online transactions safer and help our clients feel more confident providing services to their customers. And we have fun in the meantime! We are a friendly bunch and pride ourselves in having a strong culture and adhering to our values of Empathy, Ambition, Unity and Integrity.
If this sounds like your cup of tea we would love to hear from you! We also share a lot of information on fraud on our blog, so have a read to see if you would like to help us prevent fraudsters from doing bad things. :)Role
We are looking for a core member of our Engineering team to help drive the development of our mobile libraries. You'll bring talent and dedication, along with the ability to work in our dynamic and agile environment. We want you to be excited to learn new skills and be a voice in the direction and design of our mobile libraries.
In this role, you'll work closely with the rest of the Engineering team, Product Managers and Data Scientists.
Our libraries are used in our clients' apps, and then deployed onto millions of devices globally. The ideal person for this role would be someone who is pragmatic and can strike the balance between shipping quickly and writing tested & resilient code.Responsibilities
- Design and build SDK's for the Android platform
- Research new methods to identify fraudulent customers
- Improve performance and security of the existing libraries
- Create sample applications to showcase how our SDK's would be used
- Help maintain code and environment quality
- Work closely in an agile cross functional environment with Product, Engineering, Integrations and other teams
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximise development efficiency
- Help manage the Android application release cycle
Nice to haves
- 2+ years experience in mobile development
- Proven proficiency with Kotlin/Java
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Work with outside data sources, APIs and calls to access backend servers
- Understanding of Google's Android design principles, interface guidelines and creating Android libraries
- Hands on experience developing Android libraries in a commercial environment
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services.
- Experience of developing user interfaces with auto-layout and collaborating with UX/UI designers.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architecture, trends, and emerging technologies.