A Civil Engineer is required to support the Civils Team Lead. As part of a team, under the Team Lead, the Civil Engineer will be responsible for modifying and adapting the design received from the Back Office, substantiating the adapted design of the reinforced concrete structures on the Hinkley Point C project. The civil Engineer will be supported by a group of detailed designers.
They work closely with the Client and the Clients Tier 1 Civils Contractor. The civil work design is made on TEKLA, and used as a deliverable directly for construction activities for different tasks Main Activities
As part of the Civil team, the engineer will assist in:
1. Modifying reinforced concrete structure designs compliant with the ETC-C, other relevant codes, 2. Maintaining Edvance's QA procedures in delivering the CW design,
3. Working and reviewing with the designers in the preparation of the design drawings/models modified,
4. Managing engineering changes in line with company procedures. Qualification and experience
Tools and Competencies
- Engineer with a minimum of 2 years' experience Experience in Nuclear civil work OR complex structure
- Experience in design of concrete structure
- Experience in detailed design or conceptual design in an office or on a civil construction site
- Experience on project dealing with material interfaces
Software and Tools:
- TEKLA, PDMS
- Language(s): Fluent English, French advantageous
- Key competencies: Flexible attitude, Rigorous, Constructive Behaviour.