Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an Occupational Hygiene Specialist
to join our Enabling Functions team to work in Redhill.Role Purpose:
Working with and supporting the business and Health Team, providing expert advice and guidance on occupational hygiene. Working within the Health Team to assist in providing an integrated approach to health across Balfour BeattyKey Accountability's
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- To work within Health Team in providing and integrated approach
- To provide specialist, informed advice on occupational hygiene across a wide range of work activities
- To ensure the focus on health risks is maintained by contributing to health-related campaigns and assisting in the preparation of promotional material
- To deliver up to date training on health risks and the means of controlling them
- Communicating effectively and in conjunction with the Health Team, with all parts of the business to ensure health risks continued to be recognized and properly managed
- Contributing to the work of the company 'Health Champions', internal Fatal Risks Group and other health related forums to ensure best practice is consistently developed across the business
- Assisting in the drafting and review of company procedures and processes relating to occupational hygiene and where appropriate other health related matters
- Providing expertise to assist in investigations and incidents involving health risks
- Providing reactive assistance to the business on occupational hygiene
- Help to ensure systems and processes achieve compliance on health related matters
- Ability to work within a team and with different specialisms to deliver an integrated health approach
- Occupational Hygiene or related science degree;
- Achievement of / working toward Certificate of Operational Competence (BOHS)
- Experience of the application of good occupational hygiene practice covering a wide range of industrial processes
- Deep and demonstrable understanding of the causes of ill health and preventative strategies
- Knowledge of the UK Health & Safety Regulatory framework and legislation pertaining to occupational health risks
- Competent author of procedures/ process mapping and skilled in use of appropriate IT packages
- Keen attention to detail and quality
· Collaborative, reliable, proactive and able to meet demanding deadlines
- Strong communicator at all levels, both in terms of written and verbal communication
Balfour Beatty's Enabling Functions includes our centralised HR, IT, Procurement, Finance, Health & Safety, Sustainability and Comms teams. Together we support Balfour Beatty to deliver projects on behalf of our clients. We operate according to our Build to Last values of Lean, Expert, Trusted and Safe.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.