Mechanical EngineerCardiffCompetitive salary + benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for Mechanical Engineer to join our Cardiff office, and work as part of the largest independent consulting engineering firm of its kind.
Cardiff itself is a thriving and dynamic creative capital city with a rich cultural heritage, as well as ambitious future plans in terms of growth as well as a blueprint to become a carbon-neutral city in the next 10 years.
You will join a talented, dynamic and diverse team of designers, engineers and technical specialists with a unique working culture. Our team is large enough to work on large national and international schemes yet agile enough to allow significant talent growth and career progression.
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will work alongside experienced engineers to develop and deliver coordinated, collaborative, innovative and technically excellent design solutions that respond to our clients brief and vision.
By creating and embracing a unique culture we ensure we remain leaders in our field enjoying what we do, having fun and achieve the best results by delivering a consistent, high-quality service for our clients.
Working for a firm with strong social values you will have the opportunity to use your engineering skills to support the role we have in society in meeting the needs of the industry, the environment, the communities in which we live and work, and improving the quality of life for generations to come.
For us it is personal.
Why Work For Us?
You'll collaborate with the industry's best, working in the UK's largest MEP firm.
You'll be part of progressive and exciting projects, able to experience innovative schemes across all sectors.
You'll work in a culture that embraces change and modern methods of design through digital engineering.
You'll advance your career, your way, thanks to our structured Career Paths framework.
What You'll Be Doing
- You will work on a varied portfolio of projects that span a cross section of sectors with specific local focusses on Healthcare, Schools, Higher Education, Commercial, Residential and Leisure.
- You will support the development of initial engineering concepts through to the delivery of detailed designs and specifications.
- Undertake site surveys and investigations, and see your designs become a reality.
- You will be encouraged to contribute to developing new and innovative ways of working with a strong emphasis on developing your own digital skills.
- Looking at the latest technologies, taking time to research the latest systems ensuring we keep abreast of best solutions for our clients.
- Help maintain a high reputation within the industry through adherence to a supportive Integrated Management System.
- Be able to support Community Benefit initiatives, such as active involvement in STEM activities
- Develop an awareness of construction procurement routes, project management skills and financial acumen.
- Actively maintaining your CPD records
What We Are Looking For
- A collaborative, creative and driven individual willing to learn, develop and strive for excellence.
- Clear understanding of Building Services Engineering and interdisciplinary design through all stages of the design process.
- Previous consultancy experience: you will appreciate the importance of complementary specialisms such as acoustics, fire engineering and computer modelling in the design of buildings.
- Working towards Chartered Engineer status.
- Courage to innovate and develop new ways of working.
- Autonomous approach: able to lead small projects/tasks and able to take a brief from the project lead on medium to large scale projects and deliver and control the tasks required under minimal supervision.
- Someone who takes a personal ownership of the quality of outputs.
- Appreciation of client needs, with ability to be client and project team facing.
- Ability to balance time, cost and quality of own work.
- Someone that acts in a professional, personable and competent manner.
- The ability to develop effective client and fellow professional relationships.
- A commitment to personal and continuing professional development of their self and others.
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry leading training and development to support you throughout your career.
• Private medical scheme
• Life Assurance
• Income protection
• 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
• Contributory pension scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Tax free childcare
• Enhanced Paternity, Maternity & Shared Parental Leave
• Season Ticket Loans
• Professional membership subscription
- Discounted BUPA health assessments
- Flexible working - We're happy to discuss flexible working. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Study Assistance
- Holiday buy & sell up to 5 days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel & dental insurance
- Employee retail discounts
- Sabbatical Leave
- Gym discounts
- GAYE - Give as you Earn
- Gourmet society tasting cards
- Employee Referral Scheme
How to Apply
To apply simply complete a CV profile and submit your application, or for further information please contact email@example.com
Our commitment to Data Privacy
We have updated our terms and conditions for candidates, to find out more please click on the link below:
Equal Opportunities Statement
Hoare Lea is committed to ensuring that the most suitably qualified and experienced candidates are appointed to positions within the firm on the basis of job-related criteria.