DescriptionThis role is likely to be remote with 1 day a week in Bath in the futureAbout The Team
Data is at the heart of what we do at Future. It is part of every key decision that is made throughout the organization. Our Data team is responsible for the acquisition, processing, storage and security of data right through to supporting the business with reliable BI, reporting capabilities and analytics. We are on a journey to build a best-in-class data capability which meets the needs of a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.Job Purpose
As a Data Engineering Lead, you will be a key member of the Data team working with engineers within the team and across the business to ensure successful ongoing development of our data infrastructure. You will contribute and support the technical and architectural direction of the team.Key Responsibilities
RequirementsWhat do I need to succeed?
- You will responsible for the successful implementation of data projects and new features on the data platform
- You will also have responsibility for reliable and cost-effective operation of the data platform
- You will support the Data team in the design, implementation and support of the data platform
- You will work with senior team members across Tech and Data to architect a best-in-class data platform that supports the companies growing aspirations
- You will lead by example while using established software engineering practices and principles
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related field
- 4+ years of experience building and operating big data platforms
- Proficiency in Python or another general purpose language
- 2+ years of experience in cloud based technologies (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical audiences
BenefitsWhat will I get in return?
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices
- Experience in working and delivering end-to-end projects independently
- Experience of using Python on Google Cloud Platform for Big Data projects
- Demonstrated strength in data modelling, ETL development, and data warehousing
- Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
- Familiarity with statistical models and/or data mining algorithms and practical experience of applying these to business problems
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
We are FutureConnectors. Creators. Experience Makers
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our success- every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Central office locations with safe working spaces and tonnes of flexibility to work remotely as required
- Discounted digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Annual Future conference - get together with your colleagues to celebrate success and look forward to what's next
- Regular colleague events arranged by our wonderful Community & Culture committees
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
We're Future. We're 2300 colleagues over 200 brands speaking to 400 million people every month across the globe through websites, events and magazines. We haven't just survived in 2020, we've thrived, increasing our audience share, taking more number one positions, acquiring new businesses and launching new brands.
And we don't plan on stopping any time soon.
We've got an ambitious plan for 2021 that will build on our growth momentum and unlock new opportunities. We're calling it Future 3.0 and we're looking for talented people who want to be a part of it.Inclusion & Diversity
At Future we are passionate about ensuring that as a business, we are continuing to promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do.
Future is an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process will be free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respects all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values which will continue to ensure that all applicants, current and future employees are treated with respect and fairness.
We are continuing to be inclusive in our approach to flexible working, ensuring that we are making adjustments where required and providing our employees the tools and support to enable them to grow and flourish in their careers