Business Intelligence Analyst - Business Intelligence Team UK - Flexible on Location About Insight:
We believe that by giving you the freedom to think big and empower you to reach your full potential, together we will achieve the best outcomes. Along with excellent benefits and a compelling reward package, we offer the opportunity to work in a supportive environment with a high level of autonomy and creativity - there's a reason our average employee tenure is over 6 years.
We strive to display our three core values of Hunger, Heart and Harmony every day. They represent and drive who we are here at Insight and by doing so we are doing amazing things. Insight started in a garage in 1988 and it is through harnessing our three core values that two brothers, Eric and Tim Crown, steered Insight to the Fortune 500 company it is today. We are now a Global IT Services and Solutions business, passionate about helping customers and the real people who sit behind them.
We would love to add to our family of teammates with a Business Intelligence Analyst.
You will be joining the business intelligence (BI) part of the organisation.
The Business Intelligence (BI) team use and apply modern tools and techniques to working practices to provide innovative and proactive solutions that support Insight's strategic and operational planning goals. The Business Intelligence team provides a broad range of services to support the achievement of defined objectives including value-added analysis to support decision making, business continuity and risk management across EMEA. In addition, the Business Intelligence team works closely with end-users to define business needs and requirements and to perform data validation which supports growth of our teammates or the identification of new opportunities or clients. What you will be doing as a BI Analyst:
Primarily you will use your technical capability and business intelligence skills to examine, interpret and analyse large data sets in relation to our sales performance, to generate commission calculations and analyse performance data for our sales teams. You will use technical BI/Data models (built with BI tools such as PowerBI, Azure Analysis Services) to create visualisations that tell a story. You will own this area within the BI Team and be the data/BI expert for our variable compensation plans. Key responsibilities include:
Your Skills & Experience:
- Provide support for the end-to-end commission process; collaborating closely with all teams involved to ensure inputs into the commissions process are accurate and complete, the commissions calculation process runs smoothly, and teammates are paid accurately and on time.
- Using your technical expertise in Business Intelligence, Data and BI tools (Power BI, Azure Analysis Services) to identify areas where commission plans are being used effectively and areas where further development action is required.
- Using BI and Data, proactively identify opportunities within variable compensation to drive operational efficiencies and increase profitability, including data modeling and forecasting improvements (as-is and to-be) with supporting BI/metrics/data/visualisations
- Use Power BI for Data Visualisation - creating easily digestible presentation of large data sets
- Provide in depth sales excellence analysis based on accurate data and BI reports and provide recommendations based on individual and team performance for Sales Leadership to act on.
- Prepare compensation reports and recommendations by gathering, analysing, and summarising large compensation data sets and trend information.
- Partner closely with the HR team and the wider business to facilitate the business intelligence, reporting/analytics necessary to enable the business to make data-driven based decisions.
- Play a key role in relation to re-design/refresh of variable compensation structure following acquisitions and business re-organisation.
- Support with the review and development of compensation plans by providing the analytics and financial impact modelling to enable the business to make informed decisions.
- Experienced within Business Intelligence and associated tools/technical skills including Power BI & MS SQL
- Expert in the use of other relevant BI tools and Data Visualisation tools
- Can easily transfer complex data into compelling visualisations for a non-technical audience/stakeholders
- Able to understand financial data to analyse, challenge, and identify trends where required to support the business in making data-driven decisions.
- Able to present workforce analysis, insights, and commentary to key stakeholders that support business decisions relating to the compensation strategy.
- Apply statistical models for assessment of compensation practices.
- Analytical and detail focused by nature, data driven approach
Insight is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving diversity and equality within our organisation. We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and encourage you to apply. We will endeavour to contact you within five business days, should we feel your profile is a good match for this role. If you do not hear from us within this timeframe, please presume that on this occasion, your application was not successful.