Our client Scottish Power are seeking a Commissioning Engineer for a contract role at least until 31/12/2021 based in Merseyside.
The Commissioning Engineer is an integral part of the overall delivery of major projects. It is important that the post-holder has early engagement with both the Engineering Design Team and 132kV Field Operations to ensure project progression through construction to ultimately the testing and commissioning of the assets.
This includes reviewing and delivering protection and control tests and commissioning for distribution networks (up to 132kV), providing commissioning programmes, test specifications, specialist technical support, advice and input throughout the portfolio.
• Ensure major projects are designed, tested and commissioned in accordance with the project schedule to the required business standards and specifications.
• Provide expert advice and input into the planning, preparation, tendering and delivery phases of major projects.
• Prepare and coordinate asset related data including SCADA requirements, ensuring all records are fully maintained on the corporate systems.
• Where required provide switching and outage programmes.
• Chair (including prepare, organise and schedule) Commissioning Panels and subsequent meetings, including the drafting, circulation and verification of minutes and notes.
• Prepare, review, comment and/or validate the commissioning programmes as required for major projects.
• Prepare, carry out and/or verify the required commissioning tests and procedures detailing the process to be followed for each project.
• Monitor, liaise and ensure the commissioning undertaken by third parties and/or appointed contractors
• Ensure compliance with all Health, Safety & Environmental Regulations.
• Provide regular reports on commissioning status.
Skills & Requirements
• Proven experience of the specification, development and completion of commissioning solutions for major projects
• Proven track record of working within an engineering or operational role.
• Experience and knowledge of high voltage operational and safety requirements
• Hold, or have recently held, relevant operational authorisations for commissioning activities within Scottish Power or another UK DNO/TO
• Experience of and able to implement quality assurance processes
• Ability to implement, apply and promote CDM and Health & Safety best practice in a design environment.
• Awareness of commercial, environmental and legal requirements associated with the delivery of major projects.
• Awareness of financial governance and project level forecasting
• Awareness of procurement processes and contract management
• Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to form effective working relationships with other individuals, departments and businesses.
• HNC or above in an engineering discipline.
• UK Driving Licence.
• Requirement to work flexibly to meet the needs and location of projects.